I had TT with lipo. I'm experiencing a lot of swelling in my stomach areas that's causing me a lot of pain and discomfort (Photo

My stomach is very swollen all the time I can't walk and it causes me to breathe very hard and break out in hot flashes is there anything I can do to help the swollen go down

Swelling may arise from Lipoma or surture of the abdominal wall

The reason of swelling after abdominoplasty may arise from 1. swellings of existing lipomas inside your stomach area 2. the surture of abdominal wall which causes you a pain. However, if the pain is not that terrible, the use of compression garment for at least 3 months helps tightening and reducing swelling. Moreover, we recommend you avoid strenuous exercise for the first couple months after operation.

I had TT with lipo. I'm experiencing a lot of swelling in my stomach areas that's causing me a lot of pain and discomfort

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and I am sorry to hear of your swelling after tummy tuck surgery.  I would recommend you reach out to your surgeon's office to discuss use of a formal compression garment that can help minimize your tissue swelling, hopefully improving your stomach discomfort.  Best wishes.

Swelling after TT with Lipo

Most patients will be placed in an abdominal binder, which they will wear the first week. There is usually a fair amount of swelling and the binder should be opened several times a day so that there are no pressure points. After the first 7 to 10 days the patient is placed in an elastic garment for compression over the next six weeks. You can return to full activity without restrictions at 6 weeks.

Swelling can persist for several months and will gradually improve and will look better at three months, six months, and even one year. Frequently the pubic area can become very swollen and discolored during the first two weeks due to gravity as this is the lowest area for swelling to accumulate.

It also may take several months for a tummy tuck patient’s scars to soften, for sensation to return, and for relaxing of the tight sensation in the abdomen. In the case of extensive surgery, abdominoplasty recovery can be uncomfortable and may take longer. Scars may stay red, become thick or widen. It can take 12-18 months for the scars to settle.

While you still may have some time for the swelling to settle, there is always the option to visit your surgeon with any and all questions about the healing process. An examination will help determine whether or not healing is progressing well. Good luck.

Swelling

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
To reduce the swelling I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
If  after six months post-op, I recommend you send us your photos again, to give you more information about how we can solve this problem.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD