i-Lipo effects on belly composition?

I received 10 i-Lipo treatments. They only used the warming paddles and not the vacuum. My belly did not loose inches, and now my belly feels more like squishy dough, and it hangs over my under pants. It used to be more firm. Has anyone ever heard of this happening. I spent over $2,000 just to get a flabby belly :-(

I-Lipo effects on belly composition?

I haven't heard of any similar complaints but would conclude that the overhang reflects the loss of fat that was tensing your skin.  I've been using iLipo for several years and have never seen it negatively impact someone's skin.  The dose of laser light is so minor, all that's needed to trigger the fat cells to release free fatty acids similar to you exercising and your body calling for energy supplies.

I think that the vacuum adds only a small amount to the overall benefit of the procedure and may improve the dermis minimally.    Loose and redundant skin is usually a result of weight loss or pregnancy and is usually best treated with a tummy tuck.  

Jon A. Perlman, M.D. FACS

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery

Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)

Beverly Hills, Ca.