I had gynecomastia surgery roughly 5 weeks ago. How long will this scar tissue last? (Photo)

My left side seems to be healing quite normally, while the right side formed a bulge under and around the areola. I started massaging what I believe to be scar tissue but am unsure if I'm doing this right. How can I expedite the healing process? Will I need surgery to remove it? What kind of time frame should I allow for it to heal? It worries me a little as it's a hard lump and very tough to massage. My surgeon said he believes about 5-8 weeks from now things will return to normal. 2nd opinion?

Scars 5 Weeks After Gynecomastia Surgery

Your incisions will go through a maturation #process following #Gynecomastia #surgery. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. If you are concerned with #scars, with your surgeon's approval you may be able to use scar management treatments such as Biocornuem,  Scar Guard, Scar Fade,  IPL Laser,  Yag Laser,   5fu/Kenalog for thick scars, or silicone sheeting.

I had gynecomastia surgery roughly 5 weeks ago. How long will this scar tissue last?

Hi there,
at 5 weeks you probably have more swelling than scar tissue.
Changes continue to occur upto 6 months after surgery.
best that you wait the peiod out before any decision is taken