Tried on sizes, still confused how to pick size for my body and achieve the look I want??? (photos)

Height: 5'1 Weight: 108 Bra size: 30-32 A BWD: 11cm Samples i with PS : 280 smallest 350 was biggest I was an 30 A before kids then while breastfeeding I was 32-34 D-DD I went back to C after son, but I didnt keep any I went back to 30-32 A after daughter Posted similar question earlier but the replies seemed they didn't understand I've already been measured and had a consult with a board certified PS and looking for extra opinions for the look I'm going for, pics below.

BA sizes

Hello dear, thanks for your post and provided information as well.

The thing about size is...
Did You Know? Implant size (measured by cubic centimeters, or “cc”) only matters as far as it will help you get the look you want. In these photos, can you guess who has the larger sized implants?

What limits how big you should go?

1. Your current breast size. This matters because you’ve got to have enough existing breast tissue to cover the implant. If you haven’t got a lot to spare, some implants may just be too big to fit.
2. Your chest and shoulder width. Fortunately, implants come in different base widths so you can get a size that works well with your frame.

I recommend to make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon for a person evaluation and to talk about your goals.

Good luck :)

Tried on sizes, still confused how to pick size for my body and achieve the look I want???

Based on the photographs of your desired result he will likely need at least 350 cc implants to achieve that look. Because your breast with is smaller he would likely have to have a high profile breast implant. A general rule is that it takes 150-200 cc of breast implant to increase by 1 cup size. For more information please read the link below:

Confused on size

Thank you for your question and the photos.
Unfortunately there is no magic answer that will say if you have this size you will have this cup size. One size can look very different on different people even if they are of a similar frame and build. There are so many variables when it comes to looking at implant size that it best to go with what you like the look and feel of on you. If you have the chance you may wish to try the samples again, maybe bring with you some different tops to see how they look, sometimes it is helpful to bring a friend or relative to help.
Good luck

Chien C. Kat, FRCS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Best Size for Breast Augmentation

I appreciate your concern, because size does matter when seeking a natural looking result in breast augmentation. I ask my patients to bring in photos of breasts the size they desire, because there can otherwise be confusion because B or C cup can vary greatly by brassiere manufactures! I also utilize the implant in the bra technique, with several different implant sizes with a tighter fitting T-shirt to get an idea of what you will look like. Finally, I prefer to meet with my breast implant patients at least twice before surgery, so I am confident that I know exactly what her desires regarding shape and size are. I then have several sized implants in the patient's desired range available in the OR to allow me to tailor the operation to her needs. Be certain your surgeon understands your desires and you should do great as this operation carries a very high satisfaction rate. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Silicone Implants/Revision Breast Surgery

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements. Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance. Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).
Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.
These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Best Breast Implants for ME?

Thank you for the question. Based on your photographs, I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery. You have also done a nice job, both in your description and with your goal photographs, communicating your goals here.

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “very natural” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Breast aug in Jacksonville

Hi There

Thanks for the question.  This is really hard to give you a straight answer without seeing you in person and doing a complete exam and speaking with you about what you are looking for.  So the info you get is going to be a best guess.  Your breasts when breastfeeding and in the one you are posing, look different sizes.  I would think you are going to want something around 400cc...give or take 50cc.  With a BD of 11cm you are going to be limited with how big and full you can go.  With your body frame and expectations, I think you are a good candidate for the INSPIRA implants, and I would go with the SRX (Extra Full).  An 11cm BW implant would be 340cc, a 400 cc implant would be 11.5cm, and a 450 cc implant would be 12cm.  You can't really go any bigger than that or the implant will start spilling into your armpit, or you will end up with uni-boob. 

That would likely be my recommendation if you came to my office for a consultation.  Check out my video regarding INSPIRA implants if you have any further questions.

"The above answer has been given without seeing this patient and cannot be substituted for actual in-person examination and medical advice; it is only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Confused on size selection

I recognize that you posted already so I am sorry if this answer is redundant.  Size choice certainly can be stressful for patients.  The selection of the appropriate implant size is predicated on two main components: your goals and your anatomy. Regarding your goals, it is essential that your surgeon understands the look you are trying to achieve. This can be accomplished by you providing your surgeon with goal photos that you see online or in magazines such as those photos that you posted with your question. Ultimately however, it is really your choice on the look.  A surgeon cannot necessarily tell you what will look "better" as a lot of that has to do with what YOU desire. Bra sizers - which you tried - can also help show you what a particular volume implant will look like. 3D imaging can also inform you on different volume implants and how they will look on your body. Your anatomy is also essential obviously. Measurements such as your skin thickness and laxity, breast base width, distance from nipple to fold, all play a role in determining what volume and style implant would be appropriately recommended. These things of course require a thorough discussion and in-person examination with a qualified board certified plastic surgeon.  So in the end, the surgeon that you have visited with is probably best qualified to more effectively answer your questions.  If you are still unsatisfied, it is certainly reasonable to seek out additional opinions in the hopes that someone can help guide your through the process to a more stress-free decision.  Hope this helps!                             

Size options

Thank you for your question. The best way to determine the appropriate implants for your breasts is with careful measurements and assessment of your tissue. If your Plastic Surgeon did this already then it will be up to you to choose what you like from the small selection of options provided. 

My patients find it helpful to then try on the implant sizers in the office with a form fitting t-shirt in order to get an idea of how they will look. The "just right" size is up to you as everyone has a different preference for the ideal breast size. Be sure to choose a board certified Plastic Surgeon who specializes in this procedure.

All the best

Good question.

Thank you for your inquiry. Without a physical examination it is difficult to respond with accuracy, but the best way to determine which breast implant size is best for you is by first finding out your specific wishes not only with words or letters as in cup size or “not too big” or “natural”, but also with a visual understanding of what you hope to look like. This can be accomplished either with photographs of patients whose breasts and body type look like you, or ideally with photos of patients not only whose breasts are similar to yours, but are also a similar height, weight, and pre-operative breast size. In our own practice we have provided that unique functionality on our website to accomplish exactly that.

Unfortunately the most common reason for a woman to be unhappy after her augmentation is feeling as though she is either too big or not big enough. Thankfully, in our practice this is rarely a problem because implant size selection is what we spend most of our time discussing and determining. I do not place the onus of selecting the breast implant size on my patients since they are coming to me for my advice and expertise, but I do ask my patients to be as specific as possible about their aesthetic goals and I then advise them accordingly.

Implants vary in width, projection and volume. This can be very confusing to women, who are used to discussing one number only such as “300 cc’s”. To better understand which implant is best for you, in our consultation room we have two shelves one above the other, each with four implants. The top shelf has all the implants with exactly the same width (12.5 cm), yet the less projecting implant with that width is a 275 cc Moderate or Classic, and the most projecting is a 590 cc Ultra High Profile. On the lower shelf, all of the implants are 300 cc implants, yet the less projecting implant has a width or diameter of 12.8 cm, and the most projecting of the 300 cc implants is the Ultra High Profile which has a 9.7 cm diameter.

Once it is determined which implant width or diameter would best fit you, the next step is to decide which what sort of look you are hoping to achieve, i.e. more projection, moderate, or least. This is determined by how much breast tissue you have naturally, and how large you ultimately wish to be. All of this would be discussed during your consultation. And don’t be shy about coming prepared with images which you feel best represent your desired end point. These can be determined by visiting our gallery, or any other photos you wish to bring. The advantage of using our gallery is that all of the relevant information about patient age, implant size and type, are clearly indicated.

I would advise you to seek the advice of a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in breast enhancement surgery and make sure that your own sense of aesthetics aligns with that of your plastic surgeon. Your idea of “natural” or “pretty” or “proportionate” might be different from your plastic surgeon’s and it is very important for you to feel confident that you are both of like minds as far as the goals. Best of luck to you and I hope you are successful in achieving the enhancement you are seeking.

Ram Kalus, MD
Mount Pleasant Plastic Surgeon