Breast lift surgery in 2007: Left breast is significantly lower than my right breast.

I can't imagine that this is normal and it is having a negative impact on the way clothing looks on me. How can this be resolved and what is my recourse. Please advise on resolving this. Dr. Fee did the surgery. No implants.

Lift

I appreciate your question.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Breast Lift Healing Procedure

The patient will go home in a bra or with only light dressings over the incision lines. Sutures are dissolvable but an ending knot, if present is removed within 1-2 weeks. Initial discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication. Light activities may be started in 7-10 days.

Over time, gravity will continue to have an effect and the breast skin will tend to stretch. The degree of #stretching and #sagging varies between women: generally, women with smaller breasts experience less recurring sagging. If sagging does occur, further excision of the skin on an outpatient basis can be used to correct the problem. Heavy and large breasts may lead to recurrent sagging and may require the removal of a small amount of breast tissue to achieve an optimal shape and size. One key to a satisfying result is realistic expectations.

All surgical procedures carry some degree of risk Any breast operation can result in changes in sensation. This happens less with lifts than reductions but is still possible Occasionally, minor complications occur and do not affect the surgical outcome. Major complications associated with this procedure are rare. The suitability of the breast lift procedure and specific risks may be determined during your consultation.

#Hypertrophic or #keloid scars can be a problem. The worst are usually under the breast with an #AnchorLift or inverted “T”. These can be treated like all thickened scars with re-excision, laser, kenalog/5-FU injections, creams, silicone strips and other methods to reduce and improve healing.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... I recommend you to get a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon that can help you during your journey to get a revision procedure. It will be better to perform a revision.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Breasts not even ten years after lift

Thank you for asking about your breast lift.

Our tissues do change over time. Unfortunately without an examination, one can't tell you what is going on. A photo might shed some light on the situation but the ideal solution would be to return to Dr Fee for an exam.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Breast lift

Without seeing photos of after at least and preferably before as well, it is hard to comment. Best to be seen in person.

Lift

If there is still residual asymmetry after a lift, sometimes a simple office procedure to excise more skin on the ptotic side can be done to improve symmetry.  You can address this with your surgeon or seek a 2nd opinion. 

Go back to see your surgeon

to have a discussion with him as to what has happened, he can review before and after pictures with you and decide what the best course of action is. Breast lifts and with everything else in life do not last a lifetime, but going back to your original surgeon is a good place to start.