I had Breast Augmentation and it made my asymmetry more visible. Is it fixable? (photos)

I am 14 months post-op. I have saline 500cc in the left breast and 550cc in the right breast. It took an entire year for my breasts to become as soft as they are now. I love my new breasts but without clothes on I am self-conscious for anyone to see them because the nipple of bigger breast on the left is high and off to the side, while the other breast appears smaller with low nipple. Is there anything that can be done? perhaps more saline in the right breast to make it more full?

Nipple Asymmetry post OP

Thank you  for your question. Pre-operative nipple asymmetry cannot be corrected with Breast Augmentation alone. It is important to point this out to patients ahead of time. If you look back at your pictures before surgery, the nipple asymmetry will be evident. Implants only add volume to the breasts, and can sometimes exacerbate the naturally present asymmetries. At this point, in order to prevent excessive or additional scars, I would advise just adding saline to the right side to slightly lessen the appearance of asymmetry, but this will not fully correct it. Otherwise, you've had a very nice result and I would suggest against doing a bunch more surgery to try and chase this minor issue. 

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

I had Breast Augmentation and it made my asymmetry more visible.

Hi... thank you for the question and photo, In my practice, this is treated with a change of implant for a smaller one with a lift to correct the asymmetry... 

Luis A. Mejia, MD

Asymmetry after BA

Thank you for your question and photos.   Asymmetry after BA should be advised before surgery.  The correction of this issue could be done by using different volumes on each breast.  However,  even doing that the asymmetry may persist.   The nipple position,  if it's deviated,  could be more noticeable after a BA and this should be advised.  Have a great day.  

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Breast Augmentation Asymmetry

On review of the photo the right breast appears to have the better shape and volume.  That being said downsizing the left and tightening some of the lower  pole tissue (the left is bottoming out) may improve the situation significantly.Best of luck.

James L. Moore, MD
Athens Plastic Surgeon

I had Breast Augmentation and it made my asymmetry more visible. Is it fixable?

Thank you for your question and I see your concern.  Unfortunately without a form repositioning of your nipple and areola the asymmetry in position can not be corrected with only adjustments to your implant size or style.  The tradeoff would be scars placed directly onto the breast which may not be of interest to you.  Voice your issues to your surgeon, they know your best based on before surgery pictures to assess the possibility of a lift option.  

Breast and nipple asymmetry after breast augmentation

Sorry to hear about your asymmetries.  To correct the nipple height asymmetry, you should discuss having a peri-areolar mastopexy ("donut lift") on the right side.  This can be done with local anesthesia (awake) with minimal downtime.  The volume asymmetry would need to be corrected by changing the implant volume.  You will probably not be able to add enough volume to the existing implant of the right breast to make up the difference.  There is a maximum fill volume for all saline implants and you would exceed that limit.  If you exceed the volume limit, the implant becomes more of a torpedo shape and that would make your asymmetry worse.  So, you would need to change out the right implant for a larger one (with a larger diameter as well to match the left) or put in a smaller implant on the left.  However, if you put a smaller implant on the left, it would make that breast sag more.  Be sure to discuss all your options with your PS.

Pre-operative photos needed

Without pre-operative photographs, it is difficult to render an opinion.  Your left nipple is definitely higher than the right.  Also, I would like to see photographs taken from the side.  I would address your concerns with your plastic surgeon.  Best of luck. 

I had breast augmentation and it made my asymmetry more visible. Is it fixable?

Thank you for your question. It appears as though if you were to add more volume to the smaller breast your asymmetry would stay the same. You can speak with your surgeon regarding options. That being said, I do not believe there is a quick fix. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD