Can someone please tell me what this hard lump in my butt is 4 weeks BBL?

Im 4 week after bbl and i have a hard lump in my butt cheek. The dr says its swelling and to wait 3 months. Its driving me crazy because im a dancer and i feel like everyone can see it. It also looks dented around the lump. Can some one please tell me if this is normal or will it go away? Because i feel horrible about it. Please help. Its not red and doesnt hurt.

Hard Lump in Butt 4 Weeks Post BBL

Congratulations on completing your BBL surgery.  At 4 weeks, it is hard to say exactly what the lump is.  It could just be normal swelling or some of the fat may have died and caused what we call fat necrosis.  This can lead to a firm mass in the buttock area.  I would suggest following up with your plastic surgeon just to be safe.  Best of luck!

The lumps can mean swollen or fat necrosis. The area in your lower back will be still bruised and swollen and this will take 8-12 weeks to settle. Wear your garment and keep your follow up with your surgeon.  You have to give your body at least 12 weeks to start seeing results and final results can take 3-6 months depending the way your body heals.Best of luck!!

1 month post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
At this point (4 weeks post-po) the swelling is normal.
If after six months post-op, write to us again to give you more information about how we can solve this problem.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Lump after BBL

The lump can represent isolated swelling or fat necrosis. It will likely resolve with time and some gentle massage. I recommend you discuss further with your surgeon.

Lump after a BBL

The lump can represent swelling or it can represent fat necrosis as the two most common things. Best to review in person with your surgeon.