Finacea Foam side effects?

I was prescribed with Finacea Foam 15% and was wondering what the overall side effects were. I managed to finish off the entire can, but was experiencing a burning sensation (was also prescribed tretinoin but I only receive extreme dryness for my skin which can be tamed with moisturizer and sunscreen) that was unlike anything I have ever felt! So I am a bit worried about ordering more knowing that I would have to go through that kind of pain again.

Finacea Foam side effects?

Thanks for your question and as always, when using a medication such as this, you should be in contact with a board certified dermatologist. Any topical medication can cause a burning sensation with the first few applications of the medicine. The benefit of this foam is that it is a fairly good emollient foam so the incidence of this should not be high.  If the burning sensation does not go away in a few days, then I would contact your provider and let them know.  Having a retinoid on board can also cause this – so sometimes starting with one, then adding the other, may be more appropriate.

Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Topical vs lasers for rosacea.

Rosacea is complex as there are many trigger factors and methods to treat this condition. Generally I avoid topical as your skin is super sensitive. Some patients do well, the majority don't. I find lasers such as V BEAM pulse dye laser combined with anti-inflammatory antibiotics gives a better result in most cases. See a Dermatologist for advice. All the best, Dr Davin Lim, Brisbane. Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Air restoration – Finacea Foam Side Effects. PRP, Progesterone, Viviscal, Rogaine, Finasteride, Spironolactone, follicular unit

Retinoids might be what's causing the irritation. If you are uneasy about using finacea again, there are other treatments for hair loss that you might tolerate better. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer