What to expect from a chin augment consultation (photos)
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 10
Chin augmentation expectations
CHIN AUGMENTATION CONSULTATION
Computer Imaging is a helpful tool.
You should expect several things to happen at a consultation.
1. The doctor or nurse should take a medical history and ask about medications you use. This is important in determining if you are a candidate for surgery.
2. Ask the doctor about his training and if he/she is board certified.
3. The doctor should ask about your concerns and expectations.
4. Computer imaging is very useful tool. This helps to show changes and get a realistic expectation of your result.
5. Look at the doctor's before and after photos for chin augmentation. Some patients are reluctant to give permission for their photos to be used. So if there are not dozens of examples try not to let that worry you. You can ask direct questions like, "How many chin augmentation procedures have your done in the last 3 years?".
6. If the doctor finds you are a good candidate for surgery you should be told about all risks, complications, the fees for surgery and any other questions you have should be answered.
7. You should feel comfortable, welcomed and never rushed.
You might also like...
Chin implant consultation
Chin augmentation consultation - what to expect?
- I am sorry you had a disappointing experience.
- First, mesh implants are not a good choice from my point of view.
- People change with time - a silastic (solid silicone) implant can easily be removed and exchanged.
- Mesh implants are difficult or impossible to remove.
- What you should expect from a good consult is a plastic surgeon who listens to you, shows you - by studying your photos or computer images with you - the best look for you, the best implant and why -
- And someone who takes time - good implant planning takes time.
- Yes, confirm that the surgeon you meet will actually be the surgeon who operates on you.
- Because chin implant photos require permission to show the face, photos of these implants are fewer than those of body areas where the identity is protected.
You should consult an experienced plastic surgeon with good reputation in facial implant surgery for further clinical evaluation. Good luck.
What to expect from a chin augment consultation
I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty. I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone. In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.
In my humble opinion, silastic implants are superior to all other materials and are the only type of facial implants (cheek, chin) that I use. The purpose of the consultation whether live or visual, is to relay the aesthetics of why something is suggested in a manner that the prospective patient understands. Following the aesthetic principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, there is a way to decide just how much projection should be added to your chin. You will find a significant difference of opinions on size, shape, thickness (projection), implant material and even method of placement (I only use the approach mentioned above as the intra oral route have several unwanted complications).
Hope this helps.
Chin augmentation consultation
Thank you for your pictures! Each doctor will have a different way of doing their consultation, and I'm sure you are about to discover that on your next consult! Let me try and help you by breaking this into a couple of different sections. Things that you should tell the doctor - well, have you had any orthognathic work done on your teeth? Did they have to "pull teeth" to "get them straight" or did you wear braces for a prolonged period of time? Any history of snoring, particularly when you are laying on your back? This information lets us know about the development of your jaw. Based on how your teeth come together, jaw development, etc different implants can be used. Implant vs. genioplasty - before asking about implants, you should find out if you would benefit from a sliding genioplasty instead. This relates to the asymmetries in the jaw, amount of horizontal/vertical projection, etc. Some people benefit from orthognathic surgery rather than a simple chin implant. It really depends on what is needed due to the situation. During your consultation they should be able to explain to you about that. What kind of implant and why - everyone has their own particular choice in implant type - but it should also relate in how/why this is a good option for you. Some people like mesh, others don't. Some like silastic, others do not. I personally like explaining why I like using one vs. the other in certain cases, but thats just me. Finally, overall final appearance. expected projection along with what other changes that will bring - often we think of just "bring my chin forward" but do not think about the changes that does to the position of our labiomental sulcus, overall lip and lower face appearance, etc. So that should be pretty clear. Obviously before and afters help, but I have always found that the before and afters help most to illustrate points discussed during consultation rather used as marketing or selling points. I hope some of this helps! Best of luck on your future consultations.
Chin Impant Candidates benefit from Solid Silcone
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.