Would I be a candidate for brachioplasty? (Photo)

I have always been a thick girl. But my arms have always been unproportioned to my body. I have lost weight but am unable to ever lose my arms.

Good Candidate

Based on your photos you would be a good candidate for brachioplasty. This surgery will remove the fatty excess from your arms and give you tighter, more shapely arms. Schedule an in-person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your specific situation.

Brachioplasty

Based on your photos you are a candidate for brachiolplasty.  The surgery will remove some of the excess skin and fat from the upper arms to give you a more contoured, proportionate shape.  I recommend a visit to a board certified plastic surgeon who can give you more information on this procedure.

Camille Cash, MD

Brachioplasty Candidate

Thank you for your question.  You are a candidate for either arm lipo or brachiplasty with arm lipo.  The second choice will give you a better outcome but will come at the price of a scar.  Consider and in person consultation

George Bitar, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Brachioplasty

Hello and thank you for this question as well as the photo. It does appear you would be a good candidate for brachioplasty. We like to utilize a combination of  vaser ultrasonic-assisted liposuction with skin excision. I would recommend a formal consultation with a qualified board certified plastic surgeon. You can discuss all of your options as well as some of the risks that may involve scarring numbness and other issues at that time.

John J. O'Brien, Jr., MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Would I be a candidate for brachioplasty?

Hello and thank you for your question. A brachioplasty will reshape the upper arm, tighten loose skin and remove fat that often creates a “bat wing” appearance under the arm. I recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options.

Jeremy A. Benedetti, MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Am I a candidate for brachioplasty?

If you are at a stable weight (meaning you don't plan to lose any more than about 10-15 pounds in the future) and you are ok with the idea of having a scar along your inner arm from your armpit to your elbow, then you appear to be a good candidate for brachioplasty. This can often be combined with liposuction for additional contouring. Scars are certainly a tradeoff, but for people who are used to hiding their arms in long sleeves anyway, a carefully placed scar that heals well can be worth it. 

Dana Goldberg, MD
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question and pictures. Although nothing will replace in-person evaluation ( to assess the area of concern and quality/elasticity of the overlying skin), I think you may be a good candidate for arm lifting surgery at some point. Best to achieve your long-term stable weight, if you are not there already, prior to proceeding with surgery. Best also to seek consultation with well experienced board certified plastic surgeons, who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. You may find the attached link, dedicated to arm lifting surgery concerns, helpful to you as you consider options.  Best wishes.

In my over the internet opinion a long scar brachioplasty is indicated for you. Seek in person opinions.... 

Good candidates for arm lifts

Hi, I just added a link that might be helpful...

Hi Maryeuh! Your question is very common in my practice. The amount of shaping you will get from liposuction, with or without skin tightening technologies, will be limited if your excess skin doesn't spring back. Removing the excess skin and fat during a proper arm lift procedure will maximize the contouring. With the use of barbed sutures, and postoperative scar care, scars are generally thin, flat and skin colored.  My patients will tell you the results can be very worthwhile! Good luck on your decision!

In person exam is very important in this case. From your photos- it appears that you would benefit from brachioplasty. That is the only way to remove the excess skin -- liposuction alone will leave you with more excess skin