Am I a candidate for a tummy tuck, lipo and arm lift? (Photos)

WDo you think a tummy tuck will give me results? I really want to get rid of the overhang on my belly. I have lost about 30 lbs do I need to lose more weight? I don't care about a super flat belly but I want the over hang gone. I also would like to know if my arms are to flabby to have a minimal scar. would lipo do any good for my arms?

Multiple procedures, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

For safety reasons, to be a good candidate for the procedures you want at the same time, your labs and cardiovascular preoperative evaluation must be optimal. Therefore, you must be a healthy person, within an appropriate BMI and no history of diseases that increase the surgical / anesthetic risk degree. Finally, I recommend you a skilled certified plastic surgeon in body contouring surgery and experienced in cases like yours where the planned operating time is less than five hours.

Respectfully, Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.- 

Candidate for a tummy tuck, liposuction and arm lift?

Hello and thank you for your question. Yes you appear to be so. You need a full length arm incision with liposuction.  A better bet than a tummy tuck would be a lower body lift as this will help your sagging buttocks and outsides of your thighs.

No matter what options you go for I strongly recommend that you lose another 20 to 30 pounds before proceeding with any surgery for this.

PeterFisher M.D 

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question.  Congratulations on your weight loss.   Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction.   An arm lift can be performed at the same time.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Am I a candidate for a tummy tuck, lipo and arm lift?

Your goals are very clear. A full extended Abdominoplasty and arm lift- performed by a very experienced Board Certified PS should achieve your goals.  You present the best set of circumstances for the best possible result. Re/Arms: liposuction alone will not achieve your goals. You have excess skin- it must be removed

Tummy tuck

A tummy tuck would remove the overhang and flatten your belly. I do not perform liposuction of the tummy or back with a tummy tuck, but you could do Vaser ultrasound liposuction of the arms to reduce them and tighten the skin. A second surgery would allow finishing touches liposuction of the sides, back and abdomen.

An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon who performs these procedures is recommended to confirm you are a candidate as well as discuss your options and expectations.

Thank you for your question.  A tummy tuck will certainly remove the overhang which is bothering you.  However the fullness or protruding (of your upper abdomen is caused by fat surrounding the internal organs and if you lose further weight your tummy tuck result will be better.  Liposuction would most likely be done around the flank area and a brachioplasty can improve the arms but will leave a significant scar.

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and congratulations on your weight loss.  I think you will best be served with an extended tummy tuck to tighten your stomach muscles and to remove the excess skin and fat overhang that troubles you.  As or your arms, a full lengthy brachioplasty would afford you the greastest degree of improvement.   In order to minimize the risks of surgery and maximize your results I would recommend continuing to pursue a healthy lifestyle of diet and exercise until you reach your desired goal weight.  Hope this helps. 

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. The abdominal skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Liposuction could be used to better define your flanks and hips at the time of tummy tuck surgery. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Thank you for your questions and for including pictures. Also, congrats on your recent weight loss and dedication to your health. There are many options for post-weight loss body contouring and they can be individually tailored to fit your needs and goals. Further weight loss will definitely be beneficial to you, but I encourage you to see a board certified surgeon ahead of time so you can start your planning. That being said our center specializes in body weight loss body contouring and our consultations are complimentary for RealSelf members. Looking forward to meeting you and helping you get started on this journey. 

Warmest regards,

Dr. Basile

Patrick L. Basile, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck/Lift Options

Congratulations on your weight loss so far! Many Plastic Surgeons will have a standard BMI preference of 30 or below to consider cosmetic surgery safe and appropriate for you. Also, liposuction is usually done with Tummy Tucks but losing excess weight yourself will provide a better result and be safer in many ways. Possibly a circumferential or extended Tummy Tuck and lifting for other areas would all be appropriate for you. I recommend that you book a consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon who specialises in these areas and after your exam and discussion, find out what they recommend for you.

All the best