Am I a candidate for a tummy tuck, lipo and arm lift? (Photos)

WDo you think a tummy tuck will give me results? I really want to get rid of the overhang on my belly. I have lost about 30 lbs do I need to lose more weight? I don't care about a super flat belly but I want the over hang gone. I also would like to know if my arms are to flabby to have a minimal scar. would lipo do any good for my arms?

Am I a candidate for a tummy tuck, lipo and arm lift?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and congratulations on your weight loss.  I think you will best be served with an extended tummy tuck to tighten your stomach muscles and to remove the excess skin and fat overhang that troubles you.  As or your arms, a full lengthy brachioplasty would afford you the greastest degree of improvement.   In order to minimize the risks of surgery and maximize your results I would recommend continuing to pursue a healthy lifestyle of diet and exercise until you reach your desired goal weight.  Hope this helps. 

Thank you for your questions and for including pictures. Also, congrats on your recent weight loss and dedication to your health. There are many options for post-weight loss body contouring and they can be individually tailored to fit your needs and goals. Further weight loss will definitely be beneficial to you, but I encourage you to see a board certified surgeon ahead of time so you can start your planning. That being said our center specializes in body weight loss body contouring and our consultations are complimentary for RealSelf members. Looking forward to meeting you and helping you get started on this journey. 

Warmest regards,

Dr. Basile

Patrick L. Basile, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck/Lift Options

Congratulations on your weight loss so far! Many Plastic Surgeons will have a standard BMI preference of 30 or below to consider cosmetic surgery safe and appropriate for you. Also, liposuction is usually done with Tummy Tucks but losing excess weight yourself will provide a better result and be safer in many ways. Possibly a circumferential or extended Tummy Tuck and lifting for other areas would all be appropriate for you. I recommend that you book a consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon who specialises in these areas and after your exam and discussion, find out what they recommend for you.

All the best

Am I a good candidate for a Tummy Tuck?

First of all, congratulations on your weight-loss thus far. Further WeightLoss would be impressive, and would certainly make you an excellent candidate for body contouring surgery or a full tummy tuck procedure (assuming you are otherwise a healthy patient). This would eliminate the overhang, improve the bellybutton, and tighten the muscle laxity of the abdominal wall.  The arms are more difficult to assess without seeing you in person. You may be a candidate for conservative LIPO with a small incision, however this is difficult to tell looking at the photos alone.  I encourage you to come in for a consultation and a full discussion at our office here in Jacksonville Florida. We have six board-certified plastic surgeons. Hope this helps, looking forward to meeting you someday. 

Erez Sternberg, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for a TT, lipo and arm lift?

Far more important than deciding if TT is for you is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let him explain why one technique may be better than another and if you need a tummy tuck. Many board certified plastic surgeons provide a free first time consult and you should take advantage of that! See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for you!

BMI for surgery

Thank you for your question and photographs.

Every doctor will have a slightly different protocol based on their beliefs and experiences. I recommend that my patients have a BMI of 30 or less to have the best and safest results. If your BMI is higher than that I would recommend getting it down to at least 30 because anything above 30 is considered in the obese range which isn’t optimal for undergoing elective cosmetic surgery and it puts you at a higher risk of delayed healing. I also recommend that my patients remain at their goal weight for at least 6 months before having surgery done for optimal results because weight fluctuation can cause a change in your results.  It is important to remember to live a healthy, balanced lifestyle through diet and exercise, even after surgery for best results and to reduce your chance of health related issues. Once you are at your goal weight, I do feel that you may benefit from a lipoabdominoplasty and brachiaplasty (arm lift). I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,
James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your inquiry and photo. Yes, you are an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction. Regarding your arms, I suggest a personal examination by a plastic surgeon to determine if a liposuction alone would reach your goals or if you need a brachioplasty. For the tummy tuck, I recommend the "no-drain tummy tuck" as you will  not be encumbered with drains, the discomfort will be far less, and the recovery time will be less as well. Also the risk of fluid collection is lower than the traditional TT.

Tummy tuck patients are generally elated with their results, so I congratulate you on thinking in that direction. Best of luck to you.

Multiple procedures, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

For safety reasons, to be a good candidate for the procedures you want at the same time, your labs and cardiovascular preoperative evaluation must be optimal. Therefore, you must be a healthy person, within an appropriate BMI and no history of diseases that increase the surgical / anesthetic risk degree. Finally, I recommend you a skilled certified plastic surgeon in body contouring surgery and experienced in cases like yours where the planned operating time is less than five hours.

Respectfully, Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.- 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Candidate for a tummy tuck, liposuction and arm lift?

Hello and thank you for your question. Yes you appear to be so. You need a full length arm incision with liposuction.  A better bet than a tummy tuck would be a lower body lift as this will help your sagging buttocks and outsides of your thighs.

No matter what options you go for I strongly recommend that you lose another 20 to 30 pounds before proceeding with any surgery for this.

PeterFisher M.D 

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Hi, it looks like you would be a great tummy tuck candidate. It will certainly remove the excess skin that hangs down and will give you a much improved shape. As for the arms, it's unlikely that liposuction alone will give you the shape you want. You'll likely need some skin removed, which does mean having a scar. 

Next best step is to get a consult with a plastic surgeon so he/she can explain these procedures to you. 

Dr. Blagg

Austin, TX