I am 44. Would I be a good candidate for a mini tummy tuck? Can I get away with just lipo or Sculpting? (Photo)

Would a mini tummy tuck remove the extra skin and tighten the muscles? Would I need additional lipo? Am I fine and just need to monitor diet and core work more closely? I do have a small panniculus below my navel and lower abdominal laxity. I also have an enlarged peri-menopausal uterus at the moment that sits high in my abdomen. Am looking into having a D&C to thin the lining and remove a couple non cancerous polyps. Recommend Drs in my area for consult? Thank you!

Tummy tuck/liposuction

Based on your photos it looks like you can have a great result with a full tummy tuck with muscle tightening for a flatter abdomen and liposuction of sides for better contouring, consult with a board certified PS, best of luck!

Dr Derby

Thank you for your question and the photos. I would recommend you a mini TT and some lipo all around to curve your figure better. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

Thank you for your question. From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks.  With the skin contracture component of the Vaser, you may not need a Tummy Tuck. I have done many body contouring procedures and specialize in Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture. Vaser Hi Definition body sculpting requires extensive specialized training. I am one of few surgeons in the United States that was personally trained by Dr. Alfredo Hoyos, the surgeon that developed this technique. Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Mini Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a mini tummy tuck. The abdominal skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall.   Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Mini tummy tuck with lipo

From these pictures it seems like you may be able to get away with a mini tummy tuck. See a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in body contouring and tummy tucks for more individualized information. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. 

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #minitummytuck #liposuction

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Mini tummy tuck

Thanks for your question and photos. You appear to be a great candidate for miniabdominoplasy with abdominal float. This procedures addresses the loose, lax skin of the lower abdomen and allows for tightening of the abdominal wall muscles. The "float" is the disconnecting of the belly button from the abdominal wall. This allows for plication of the entire length of the rectus abdominus muscle. The belly button can then be tacked back down or advanced downward. This will limit scars to just the lower abdomen and spare scarring around the belly button. Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area.Best Wishes,Michael Morrissey,MD

Mini Abdominoplasty

Mini abdominoplasty with liposuction to the upper abdomen and flanks give the best of both worlds.  The tissue is thinned and then tightened by removal.  Lipo only in post partrum patients often has a poor result because the skin has lost its elasticity.  

Mark D. Wigod, MD
Boise Plastic Surgeon

Mini tummy tuck with umbilical float for full muscle repair might be an option

A mini tummy tuck improves skin laxity only in the lower abdomen, but using a technique called umbilical float it is possible to do a complete muscle repair. This works best when the position of the belly button (umbilicus) is high, as it appears to be in your case.

Richard Baxter, MD

Mini Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question and photographs.  Without and in person examination it is impossible to tell you what would be the best course of action.  Having said that, based on your photos it does appear that you are a good candidate for a mini tummy tuck.  This would address the skin laxity as well as the muscles below the umbilicus only.  It would not do anything for your upper abdomen fullness.