What is the average down time with excess skin removal and breast lift?

I have had 2 c sections and lost a lot of weight, my abdomen is crooked, one side on the lower ab hangs lower and the upper ab hangs lower on the other side. My incision site stays infected all the time, and I am a clean person! I don't want to change my breast size, just put them back on my chest where they belong.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue!

Down time

If you undergo a tummy tuck and a breast lift the down time will be 2-3 weeks. Each patient is different. some of my patients are ready to go at 2 weeks others still feel tire and need that extra week.

Deborah Sillins, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Recovery after Surgery

Thank you for your question.  In general I advise my patients to wait approximately 6 weeks after abdominoplasty surgery or breast lifting surgery prior to returning to heavy physical exercise or heavy physical activity. Most patients return to “normal” activity after 1 week.  It sounds like you are a good candidate for an abdominoplasty as well as a breast lift based on your desired goals

James Shoukas, MD
Lake Mary Plastic Surgeon

Recovery Time after Tummy Tuck and Breast Lift

In general, the time before ie. returning to work, is about 1-2 weeks for a tummy tuck, and a week or less for a breast lift.  This may vary from patient to patient.

Arnold S. Breitbart, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

TT and breast lift?

Thank you for your question.It sounds like you would benefit from a TT. The TT would remove any excess skin from your abdomen and correct the asymmetry described. The Horndeski Method breast lift is a current technique that does not require breast implants nor the very visible vertical scar. Please take a look at the attached video to see what can be achieved with this technique. Breast implants were not used on this patient. I hope this helps.Best wishes and kind regards,

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Downtime

Thank you for your question.  It sounds like you are looking for a tummy tuck which is the only thing that will address both your upper and lower abdomen.  The tummy tuck could likely be performed at the same time as a breast lift.  Downtime from a breast lift is typically 3-7 days but downtime for a tummy tuck is 1-2 weeks.  I suggest you consult with one or more board certified plastic surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery to discuss your options.  Hope this helps!

Down time after surgery

I think you are asking about a tummy tuck and breast lift. Most of my breast lift patients return to work at about one week. Tummy tuck requires about 2 weeks. You can have these done at the same time and probably be back in about two weeks.It does vary a bit with each patient and assuming no complications. Good luck.

Downtime

it is very difficult to answer this question without some idea of what procedures you actually need. It sounds like you may need a tummy tuck and a breast lift which can be done at the same time in most circumstances...but not always. Downtime is difficult to predict anyway. A tummy tuck usually requires two weeks off work. A breast lift is usually less downtime. A lift can be quite simple and require as little as a long weekend, or up to a week off work. 

Mary Gingrass, MD