35 year old. 5'7 weighing 203lbs. 38H. Will I have tube in throat? Also will the Anchor incision keep my fullness? (Photo)

This will be 1st surgery. SCARED but I need it!! I have degenerative cervical spine w/bone spurs. What's the percentage of life threatening events happening during and after surgery? Such as blood clots, thrombosis, lung damage, infection, blood transfusion ect. Been taking Ortho Tri Cyclen lo for 12 yrs. How long will I be unconscious? Will I have tube in throat? Also will the Anchor incision keep my fullness? Does fatty breasts heal slower?

Lowering risks related to surgery

In order to minimize your overall risks and complications associated with this or any type of procedure, I recommend you consider loosing weight. Your current BMI is 31 - this makes you obese and more susceptible to the complications you mentioned. I'm afraid the anchor lift is not known to generate long term results. The vertical component of the anchor lift weakens the lower pole of the breast allowing it to fail and hang again. The anchor lift does not have any internal support system to keep breasts high. The Horndeski Method does. It was developed using engineering principles to maximize lift, shape and long term results. Take a look at the video to see what can now be achieved with current breast lift and reduction techniques.
Gary Horndeski M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction

You appear to be a good candidate for a breast reduction. As with any surgery there are certain risks including those that you mentioned. Even in someone who is somewhat overweight the likelihood of having any of these complications is relatively small although not zero. Best is to have a thorough consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss all the aspects of your surgery including potential risks and complications. In addition, I would suggest that you also discuss your anesthetic concerns with the anesthesiologist. He/She will be able to answer all of your questions and concerns. Although many patients are afraid of anesthesia, the current advancements in anesthesia and surgical care have made anesthesia one of the safest portions of your surgery.

For the best results seek the consultation of a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. They have a website listing all the certified plastic surgeons. Members of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) will all be board certified in plastic surgery and have demonstrated an interest and special skill in cosmetic plastic surgery as well.

For more information about breast reduction surgery, please see the web link below.

Alexander G. Nein, MD, MS, FACS

What are my options?

You are a great candidate fr a bilateral BREAST REDUCTION surgery! So go see a few boarded PSs in your area to ask ALL your questions!!!!!!