What is the best treatment for a 44 yr old woman looking to erase signs of aging on their face?

I'm 44 yrs old with some wrinkles, sun and acne scars. I'm looking to turn back the hands of time, so to say, and looking for the best facial lasers/treatments that would be recommended.

PRP and Fraxel for resurfacing

It's hard to recommend treatments without seeing your specific areas of concern, but generally in your forties the skin renewal cycle starts to slow down and loses its ability to repair itself. Collagen production and elasticity also slows down making the skin lose its plumpness and gives it a rougher texture with the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. As you mentioned, sun damage worsens these effects and you may also see pigmentation. Fraxel resurfacing laser treatment is a good all rounder that can address many of the issues you've mentioned. I would also advise a course of PRP to encourage your skin to resurface itself and give a smoother texture.

PRP and Fraxel for resurfacing

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Lasers

Thank you for your question. Without seeing a picture it can be difficult to make a solid recommendation, so with that being said you should consult with a trusted local physician before you treat. The CO2 laser may be a great option for you. It will help build collagen, minimize wrinkles, and improve color and texture. Make sure that the doctor has full control over customizing the procedure, this will ensure that you get the safest and most effective results.Good luck!

Lasers

Anti Aging rejuvenation

Great question and a common reason for patients to come into the office! There is a large variety of treatments based on specific concerns and how conservative/aggressive you would want to be. BUT there are tons of things to do to feel refreshed! I would recommend you to see a board certified dermatologist or board certified facial plastic surgeon who has a keen eye for anti aging treatments and can spend the time to make a plan! Hope this helps and hope to hear from you soon!

Lesley Rabach, MD

Anti Aging rejuvenation

Lesley Rabach, MD

Facial Rejuvenation

Thank you for your question.  I come across plenty of women and men in their early to late 40's who are finally ready to address their aging concerns.  Fundamentals always begin with good skin care and sunscreen but there are a host of laser, peels and micro-needling treatments that can address fine lines, sun damage and acne scars- at the same time.  The first step is to be assessed by a board certified cosmetic dermatologist who understands a variety of skin tones, types and textures.  Not every treatment is suitable for certain skin types and must be first, evaluated properly and treated by an experienced practitioner. You might want to also consider a little Botox or filler for your wrinkles. 

Please feel free to call my office if you have additional questions.

Ariel Ostad MD PC 

Ariel Ostad, MD

Facial Rejuvenation

Ariel Ostad MD PC 

Ariel Ostad, MD

Skin rejuvenation for mid 40's

Hi Lisa and thank you for your question.  It is difficult to recommend a treatment without seeing your actual photograph. The choice of laser will depend on your skin color and the degree of damage. You must also consider the downtime associated with laser procedures.  My practice offers the latest state of the art laser treatments which are personally performed by me and often I choose to combine laser technologies to achieve outstanding results. All of my lasers are from Cynosure and they are considered to be the top brand in US and provide the best laser technology.  Your results don't depend on the laser, but who operates the laser and the protocol which will be used.  My practice offers all types of lasers to address your concerns: some with no downtime and the other with 3-5 days of downtime. In my opinion, the best technologies for skin rejuvenation are Ultherapy, 1540 Fraxional laser, PicoSure Focus Skin Rejuvenation, and Vampire facial.

Please find an experienced expert in your area that you can trust.  Good luck, Dr. Avaliani

Skin rejuvenation for mid 40's

44 year old looking to erase signs of aging

I believe that a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is a good way to start. I usually start with the skin. I start with ZO skin care for 6-8 weeks, and go from there. It is like a pyramid, building the base and going from there. Maybe lasers or peels after 6-8 weeks of prep to avoid complications from a laser or peel if your skin is not prepared properly. Then you consider botox, or fillers, or peels or lasers based on what your findings are. Each person deserves an individual plan.