Will the stress of surgery aggravate an existing case of TE or CTE, and be likely to cause a significant shed?

I'm in my 20th month of fluctuating sheds, perhaps from multiple TEs or CTE. I think I shed on avg 100-150 a day, sometimes much more. I fear that an upcoming surgery, requiring about 2.5 hours of anesthesia, will trigger a massive shed since I already have TE. I had some regrowth over the past several months but some seems to have thinned away again. My hair is much thinner on the right than on the left and the sides are very thin. If CTE or TE, might surgery cause a big spike in hair loss?

Stress can always have an impact on your health in general. It may apply to hair loss. If there is an issue it is best to foll

Stress can always have an impact on your health in general.  It may apply to hair loss.  If there is an issue it is best to follow up with your doctor.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

CTE

CTE is made worse by stress, any type of stress. A surgical procedure anywhere on your body could produce such stress

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon