Can surgery fix my breast after poor breast reduction?

I got a breast reduction when I was 17 and now I am 22. My breast look okay when sitting upright or standing, but look completely different when I am laying down. They go completely flat into my chest . One will lay right and the other will slide to the side like a flat tire. I did not have this problem before the surgery. One is bigger than the other and I have horrible scars. I also need to know if I could possibly get breast augmentation.

Can surgery fix my poor breast reduction?

Thank you for your question and what you have explained is no uncommon after a few years.  It is normal for your breasts to look different when you lie down and they will fall to the sides. One can not predict what your tissues will do as time goes on but they will relax and settle. Your scars could be revised but there is no guarantee that you will have better scars and you could even have worse scars.  An augmentation can be done and I would recommend you see your surgeon and discuss this in detail so you won't be disappointed again.

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Breast revision

Thank you for your question.  You may certainly consider breast revision surgery to improve the appearance of your breasts.  This may include the option of implants depending on what's indicated.  Please be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

My breast after poor breast reduction.

It is quite normal for the breast to fall to the side before or after breast reduction. If scars are the issue scar revision can clean things up, and revision can also help with persistent breast asymmetry are breast reduction. You can of course also have breast implants or augmentation for imporved breast projection and shape and this has been a popular concept recently.

Helping a previous breast reduction

Thank you for your question.  Breast surgery over time settles due to relaxation of the skin.  More surgery can be performed but over time that will relax.  Additional surgery can help but it is up to you to pursue additional surgery.  Best wishes.