I am 5'9 weighing 240, can I get a BBL?

I am 5'9 weighing 240, can I get a BBL?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. I recommend you to lose weight first and then have a consultation with a board certified plstic surgeon...

Possible BBL

Thanks for the question. 

I recommend you to send your photos to us to give you the advices you need and want.

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Can you get a BBL?

Ideal candidates are at a stable weight,  in good health , and have excess fat in some parts of the body and too little in other regions.  Gaining weight before the procedure is to no advantage and when you lose weight again the fat cells will shrink just like the donor site fat cells.  Typically, the transferred fat results in a significant increase in volume of the body site being treated.

If your BMI is higher than 30 you are at an increased risk of complications occurring. I would recommend getting your BMI down to at least 30 or below. I also recommend that my patients remain at their goal weight for at least 6 months before having surgery done for optimal results.  It is important to remember to live a healthy, balanced lifestyle through diet and exercise, even after surgery for best results and to reduce your chance of health related issues. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your endeavors!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift at 5'9" and 240 lbs. (BMI 35.4)

Your current BMI is 35.4. This is not a healthy BMI and comes with extra risks when it comes to surgery and surgery recovery. So while, yes, you can get a BBL, the question really is "should" you get a BBL in the condition you are in now? You may have some difficulty finding a safe, legitimate plastic surgeon to perform your procedure. There is always some doctor (not necessarily a surgeon and often under-trained) who is happy to relieve you of your money and perform a procedure that shouldn't be done. I call these "profit-before-people" doctors. They are damn right scary creatures. Avoid them at all costs. If you do find an appropriately-trained plastic surgeon willing to do your procedure, make sure your expectations are realistic for your body shape and that the surgeon can meet those expectations. Best of luck.

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

BBL Possible?

Thank you for your question!  It is hard to tell what procedures you would benefit the most from.  You can have a BBL but you may benefit from a Tummy Tuck as well.  I advise you to seek a board certified plastic surgeon and have a consultation.  Best of luck!

Dr Dhaval Patel

Double Board Certifed

Plastic Surgeon

Hoffman Estates

Oak Brook

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

BBL possible?

Although you can definitely get a BBL, you may find the results disappointing. In general, the further you are above your ideal body weight, the harder it is to sculpt your body to give you the curves most patients desire after surgery. That being said, a bigger butt is almost certainly achievable. 

Your best bet is an in person consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon. 

Hope this helps - Sam Jejurikar, MD

Yes you can , nevertheless is important to evaluate your case with pictures and  medical history to best advice you.

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz