I am a 5'5 43 y/o woman who had gastric sleeve surgery in 2014. Now I want a BBL. (photos)

To get some volume back to my "back" after losing over 100lbs....I currently weigh 145lbs and was wondering if 900ccs in each cheek and 250ccs in each hip too much? Also I know I may need a tummy tuck too

The correct volume of a BBL

Those numbers do not seem excessive at all.

If that amount of fat can be harvested you could certainly benefit with having that amount or more placed. Discuss your goals with a board-certified plastic surgeon who can help you come up with a good game plan.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

BBL after gastric sleeve 2014.

Congratulations on you weight loss. You already look great and I'm sure you feel just as good. Based on you pictures you would be a good candidate for a BBL. Those volumes are similar to the volumes that we use on a number of people however everyone is different and the tissues accommodate different volumes. I do think you would benefit from a tummy tuck at the same time as the lower abdominal skin will not tighten enough for you to be happy with the result. Make sure you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon that performs these procedures routinely. Good luck.

BBL after weight loss

Hello, first of all congratulations in your weight loss! Thanks for posting your pictures and for your inquiry. As my colleagues have already told you, the amount you want is alright but it depends in how much donor fat you have left for the procedure. Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift

Thank you for your question. The amount of fat transferred from target areas depends on the quantity available and the extent of buttock augmentation each patient desires. Sufficient body fat for a buttock augmentation is very patient-specific, depending on an individual’s body shape and proportions as well as their expectations. 
You may also need a tummy tuck to get rid of the excess skin in your belly. Best is to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

A number is just a number.  First, one would have to see if there is enough fat to harvest, second the goal is to achieve a certain shape that you desire and not just add a volume number that you think you may want.   Best to be evaluated in person.

Weight loss and surgery, some advices:

Thank you very much for this interesting and important question.

Trying to lose weight before a surgical procedure its a very delicate matter, since in many cases a restrictive diet can cause problems, such as anemia, electrolyte disturbances, decreased protein, etc ... retarding the healing process and damaging the surgery.
For these reasons, if your purpose is to lose weight, i recommend you have a BMI less or equal to 30.
In this regard, you must to have a support with a nutritionist, so you can achieve the desired goal, in the most healthy way, without incressing complications risks in the plastic surgery to perform.

Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

I am a 5'5 43 y/o woman who had gastric sleeve surgery in 2014. Now I want a BBL.

A Tummy Tuck with aggressive Liposuction in the waist area coupled with a BBL will give you the best results. The exact volume for BBL will depend on the availability of Fat, the situation of your Buttocks and Hips and also the judghement of your surgeon.

All The Best !

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon