Could I have good results with just an augmentation? (photos)

I've had 2 children, breast fed both, gained 76lbs with the first, 25lbs with the second, and now after 1 year of healthy eating and exercise I've lost 100lbs. Needless to say my breasts have taken a huge hit. My nipples are still upright but my breasts are very flat and loose. I've been as big as a 42DD, I'm currently a 34C.

Could I have good results with just an augmentation?

Thank you for your question. . Size and shape of breasts can often play a critical role in a woman’s self-esteem. Fuller and bigger breasts are often associated with reproducibility therefore it is a desired condition. There are different kinds of breast augmentation operation types. Breast augmentation can be performed either with breast implants or autologous fat transfer. There are also different types of breast implants like teardrop or round implants. These implants also can be placed under or above the muscle. As you can imagine there are several different options for breast augmentation. The best way to understand which one is more suitable for you is to get a physical examination by a plastic surgeon.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Good results with just an augmentation?

You look to have approximately one finger wideness of overhang of the breast. It's hard to tell from your pictures. Depending on what size you would want to go, you might find that augmentation alone gives you a very nice lift. I would generally recommend doing on top of the muscle with the implant rather than underneath it for optimal lift and control of your cleavage.

Perhaps you could be satisfied with augmentation alone without a lift

it appears that you may have 1st degree sagging ( nipple above inframammary fold ) or 2nd degree (nipple at i.m.f.).  with proper positionning of the right sized implant, one can obtain varying degrees of what I call pseudoptosis correction.  This involves the use of temporary sterile sizing implants placed in the implant spaces before deciding which final sizes to use and allows some modifying the implant spaces if needed.  It is also helpful to have the patient  elevated into a semisitting position on the operating table with the sizing and sometimes also with the final implants in place.

Breast Lift/Augmentation

Congratulations on your weight loss. Based on your photos you appear to be a good candidate for a breast lift. Implants alone may leave excess skin hanging and a low position for your nipples. I recommend that you book an in-person consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your goals and options.

All the best

Breast lift with augmentation

You would most likely get the best result with a full breast lift and augmentation. Please seek an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Be sure to express your goals and expectations to your chosen surgeon. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck!

Dean Vistnes,MD.

Vistnes Plastic Surgery 

San Francisco Bay Area 

#realself #drdeanvistnes #breastlift #breastaugmentation

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Congratulations on your significant/successful weight loss. Based on your frontal view photographs, I think that you have a significant amount of breast skin and tissue "sitting" on your upper abdominal wall; based on this photograph and your history of weight loss, I think that you will be much better off undergoing breast augmentation/lifting surgery, as opposed to breast augmentation surgery alone.

Ultimately, careful selection of plastic surgeon (appropriate diagnosis and treatment plans will follow) will be key. Be careful with your decision making.  Best wishes.

Breast augmentation alone or with a lift?

Thank you for your question. Breast augmentation alone will restore volume in deflated breasts, and provide some lift. However depending on how much ptosis you have you might well need both augmentation and a lift. From your photos and desired results, it looks like you would be best served with a combination of breast lift with augmentation.  The parameters of both the breast lift and the position of the breast implants should be designed to keep the implants relatively low while lifting the breast tissue and nipple to sit directly over the implants. Many techniques exist in breast surgery, and combined lifting with augmentation is especially tricky.  The key is working with an expert, board certified plastic surgeon to get the best plan for you.

Breast Lift with Implants

Thank you for your question and for sharing appropriate pictures. You seem to be a good candidate for a breast lift with implants. This procedure will lift, reshape and add volume to your breasts. If you opt for implants alone, you will not achieve much of a lift and might not be happy with the outcome. I recommend undergoing Vectra 3D Imaging to get an idea of your post procedural results. Make sure you work with a board certified plastic surgeon. Breast of luck! 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Could I have good results with just an augmentation? (photos

Thank you for your question. You look like a good candidate for a Breast Lift with Implant to give fullness to the Breast.    The further down the nipple is in relation to the fold the more the chances are the patient needs a lift.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Breast Lift and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely. 

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote.

Breast Lift

Hi Sprimeaux,

Thank you for your pictures and questions. Based on the pictures it seems as if you are a good candidate for a full lift with implants. I suggest consulting with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss options. Best of luck!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon