Tummy tuck prices and others?

I gave birth to 5 kids. One twin pregnancy one natural bit all the other ones were c section. I have gain a lot of weight and my belly is very low. I'm 27 years old 5'5 and weight 250 pounds. I want to get a tummy tuck and maybe also take some fat from my arms. I would like to see if is in my budget to afford this. I need this since it's hard to keep up with my kids with all this extra on me(my oldest is 4 years old) back to back pregnancy.

Full Tummy Tuck

It sounds like you would benefit from a full tummy tuck. Pricing can vary greatly depending on the surgeon. Generally speaking, a full tummy tuck would be about $8500-$9500 in Toronto, Canada, where my practice is located. Liposuction for the arms would be about $3000 to $4000. If both are performed during one surgery, you may be able to get a discount, although this should be discussed with your surgeon. For those with a limited budget, financing is available. 

You mention that your belly is very low - does it hang below your waist? If yes, you might consider a panniculectomy, which removes all tissue that hangs below your waist (known as a pannus). This procedure might be covered by insurance.

Weight loss and tummy tuck

I would recommend trying to get down to a more ideal body weight, to get medical clearance and to seek out a board certified plastic surgeon for your surgery. If pictures were available, I might render an opinion as to whether lipo might be indicated first. Good luck in your search.

Robert V. Mandraccia, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Cost for #tummytuck #plasticsurgery

Dear Convcruz, Congratulations on your five children and thank you so much for your excellent question about pricing for the tummy tuck plastic surgery procedure. Pricing varies from surgeon to surgeon and by geographical location.  We strongly encourage you to seek the advice of a plastic surgeon with these credentials:*Board Certified by the American Board of
Plastic Surgery -- The gold star symbol
*A member of the ASPS (American Society of
Plastic Surgeons) -- The circle symbol
*A member of the ASAPS (American Society of
Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) -- the Queen Nefertitti symbol with a TriangleAt our office here at CARE, we're very pleased to offer multiple financing options including CARE Credit and Alphaeon Credit. Plasticsurgery.org is also an excellent resource to view average pricing by geographic locale.I hope this information is helpful and I wish you all the best in your plastic surgery journey.Kind regards, Brian S. Coan, MD, FACSCARE Plastic Surgery

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Pricing/Timing

Thanks for your question. Pricing for cosmetic surgery varies from on geographical area to another. I suggest you make schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get more information. During that consultation the doctor will address your concerns and will give you some guidelines as to whether or not you are a good surgical candidate at your current weight.Good luck!

Brian Widenhouse, MD
Charleston Plastic Surgeon

Losing weight loss before surgery, some advices:

Thank you very much for this interesting and important question.Trying to lose weight before a surgical procedure its a very delicate matter, since in many cases a restrictive diet can cause problems, such as anemia, electrolyte disturbances, decreased protein, etc ... retarding the healing process and damaging the surgery.
For these reasons, if your purpose is to lose weight, i recommend you have a BMI less or equal to 30.
In this regard, you must to have a support with a nutritionist, so you can achieve the desired goal, in the most healthy way, without incressing complications risks in the plastic surgery to perform.Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Weight loss before tummy tuck

Before embarking on cosmetic surgery, particularly a tummy tuck, it's important to be in the proper state of health.  Typically, elective cosmetic procedures often aren't considered for patients with a body mass index (BMI) greater than 30.  BMI calculators are easy to find online.  A lower BMI will significantly lower the risk of developing potentially dangerous postoperative complications, and will also lead to a much better aesthetic result.  That being said, it's best to get a qualified, expert opinion on your surgical options and expectations by visiting a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best of luck,
Keith M. Blechman, MD
New York, NY

Tummy Tuck - Weight loss first

Thank you for your question and photo.  I believe it is best to be within 10 - 15 pounds of your ideal body weight prior to surgery for optimal results. If this goal is not possible, your BMI should be less than 30 to minimize the risk of complications. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in body contouring for an in-person examination. Ask to see a lot of before and after pictures of their work to understand what can be achieved. Hope this helps and good luck.

I strongly encourage you to lose weight before any cosmetic surgery. Your BMI is too high. Additionally, with five young children, understand that child care for several weeks afterward is essential.  I do not recommend combining abdominoplasty with arm surgery as you will need to use your upper body strength to mobilize post operatively.  Fee structures will vary based on geography, the length of the procedure and facility charges.

Tummy tuck

Before you even think of surgery you need to loose some weight. At your height and weight you would not have a good result with surgery. You need to get your bmi below 30 - right now it is over 40. Good luck

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. If you are able to loose some weight prior to your procedure, you will likely have a much better result.  Let the goal of having surgery help motivate you.  When you are an appropriate candidate for this procedure, a tummy tuck can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD