What kind of implants should I consider to get natural looking and specially natural feel?

Hello, Im 20 years old, my breast size is 34A and im thinking about getting breast implants they should look and specially feel natural. Im not looking for huge breast my goal is to fill my dress and my bottom is big when comparing to my breasts? For feel and look natural i think best choice would be under the muscel? Thank you for answers

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..

The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures.

GreetingsThank you for your question, i would recommed MENTOR® MemoryGel® Breast Implants are available with either a textured or smooth surface shell. They come in a wide range of sizes and profiles to fit your body. And they are the only silicone breast implants that are made in America!

What kind of implants should I consider to get natural look and feel?

Thank you for sharing your question.  I would recommend using silicone implants, placed underneath your chest muscle, and with a diameter smaller than your breast's width.  This will maximize your implant soft tissue coverage, masking your implant palpability, while affording a natural appearance.  Hope this helps 

What type and size of implants

One of the more frequent questions I'm asked as an aesthetic plastic surgeon for patients considering breast implants is "how do I know what size, and shape I need?” The answer to this question has changed dramatically throughout the 25 years that I've been doing breast augmentation. I've also learned that the words that patients used to describe either what they want or don't want can be completely misleading into what I interpret their meaning to be. Therefore, I like to request that our patients considering breast augmentation bring in photos of both what they think they like and what they don't like. There seems to be a multitude of sources on the Internet where these photos can be downloaded. By looking at the patient's desires, I get a better understanding of what they want. We no longer recommend that we place the exact implant on top of the existing breasts and then place a stretchy bra over it to give us any idea what that exact same implant under the muscle would produce in size. That method, in my opinion, will always over represent what the actual result will be. If you are going to use a sizing type method, then Mentor makes a shell sizing system such that, when the shell size corresponding to the implant that it represents is placed over the existing breast and in a bra, it will better represent what that size implant under the breast and muscle will look like. We've also used 3-D imaging called Vectra® since its inception some 6 to 7 years ago. With this method, a three-dimensional photograph of the actual patient is taken and can be seen on a large screen television by both the physician and perspective breast augmentation patient at the same time. We then can place all of the different implants that are available under that image and decide what size, shape, fill ratio, and height to base width relationships will look best for each patient. Silicone gel breast implants come basically into shapes either round or shaped. They also come with either a textured or smooth surface. In my mind, there are advantages and disadvantages of every scenario and combination of those choices. Most of the time a round smooth implant placed under the muscle works very well for breast augmentation patients. It's then very simple to just look at size and ratio projection to base width and select the perfect implant for that patients shape and desire. Sometimes we would like to use a textured surface implant. Here the advantages are that the textured surface implants tend to migrate less in the pocket, as there is some frictional resistance to motion. Another advantage of textured implants is that the capsular contracture rate, especially when implants put above the muscle, is less than for smooth wall implants. Shaped implants, because we do not want them to turn in the pocket, are always textured. My planning method to optimize the best implant for each patient is begun with a measurement of the base width of the breast. We would then like to subtract about a centimeter and a half total off of that number so as to have coverage of breast tissue over the implant. We then will have a range of implants whose base width matches that number. If we go larger than that number, which sometimes patients will want, we as plastic surgeons know that these larger implants can have more problems down the line. For instance, larger implants may migrate below the crease which one has to lower at the time of surgery in order to get the implant in. When these implants migrate below the natural crease, they can create a second crease in what we call a "double bubble". Large implants can also; because of the pressure they put on the overlying breast tissue, thin that tissue out such that there is less overlying breast tissue over the implant as time passes. After we have the base width, our next decision needs to be what is the ratio of the base width to the projection of the implant. Essentially, there are usually four choices ranging from fairly flat which is called low-profile, to progressively more height and less width with the same volume of silicone gel, which is called ultrahigh profile. There are two profiles in between which are the ones more commonly used and these are called moderate profile and moderate profile plus. Common scenarios in which taller implants would be desired may be in patients who want a larger look than their natural base with would allow or have a fair amount of loose overlying skin that were trying to hold up. For patients who want a more natural look, a moderate profile or moderate profile plus shape is more desirable. There are also anatomically shaped implants. Rather than being around these implants can either be taller than they are wide or wider than they are tall. There are good reasons in patients to use either. For instance, in the patient's with very widely spaced breasts and a large breastbone, a shaped implant that's wider than it is tall can help hide that a little bit. Another example of the patient in who a shaped implant would be best, is that patient with laxity after childbirth or weight loss. When the nipple is just at the level of the inframammary crease, we can sometimes get away with a tall implant that is anatomically shaped such that the nipple when is it at the lower two thirds of the breast mound created by the implant still looks good and natural and may obviate the need for a breast lift. By spending some time, long before the operation takes place, using the Vectra® 3-D imaging method, we can decide what type, shape, and ratio of width to height would best serve the patient's needs. We can then avoid what is sometimes done which is the placement of sizers at the time of surgery. These sizers, in my opinion, have a few negative implications. One is that there is a cost inherent in using them and usually multiple ones are needed to make a decision as to which implant would look best. I also believe that placing sizers in and out of the breast pocket can be traumatic to that pocket and can cause bleeding. For me, the state-of-the-art in today's breast augmentation is to decide long before the operation exactly which implant would look best using computer animation. A new wrinkle into the choice of breast implants is that breast implants now come with silicone gel that is filled to a higher volume in the shell where it is placed. This will allow for a round smooth implant, for instance to collapse less in the upright position mimicking more of the look of the shaped implant. When patients show me a photo of a very rounded upper part her breast, I would likely choose one of these higher volumes implants such as the Natrelle Inspira® silicone gel breast implant. Often times patients will present with breasts that are of different sizes. One of the options to correct this is to use breast implants of different sizes in order to best create symmetry. One of the newer methods to help in symmetry creation is to do what we call a hybrid breast augmentation. In the hybrid breast augmentation, the patient who has asymmetry of the breast to begin can have matching silicone gel implants placed and the overlying breast tissue can be made to look the same in volume and shape by using fat grafting. In that way, no matter what the change in weight of the patient is over time, the breast is more likely to have the same or similar size. When it comes to symmetry, I like to tell our patients that they should consider their breasts to be sisters that live across the railroad tracks from each other rather than twins. With proper preoperative planning and flawless execution of breast augmentation, this can be one of the most satisfying aesthetic plastic surgery outcomes for both patients and physicians.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

At your age, saline implants are available. Placing the implants behind the muscle can get a very nice result. I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing all your concerns and options.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants/Breast Reduction/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. The best way to determine implant size is based on chest wall measurements that fit your body.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.   Implants under the muscle, there is less risk of capsular contracture.  Anatomic implants tend to give a more natural shape with more nipple projection. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

• Good questions. Much of the final look and feel achieved after breast augmentation surgery depends on several factors:

• 1. The initial shape, size (volume of breast tissue), symmetry of the patient's breasts. In general, the better the preoperative breast appearance the more likely the breast augmentation “look” will be optimal. 

• 2. The experience/skill level of the surgeon is important in determining the final outcome. For example, the accurate and gentle dissection of the breast implant pockets are critical in producing long-term well-placed breast implants. Careful measurements (dimensional planning) and careful selection of breast implant size/profile are part of the surgeon's  responsibilities.
  • I personally think that these 2 factors are more important than any others, including type (saline or silicone) or model (low/moderate/high profile) of implant.

• 3. The type of implant used may determine the final outcome, especially if the patient does not have significant covering breast or adipose tissue. For example, some surgeons feel that silicone implants have a more natural look and feel than saline implants because silicone gel has a texture that is similar to breast tissue. In other words, if a patient has very low body fat and/or very little breast tissue, the silicone gel implants may provide a more "natural" result.

• 4. The size and model of breast implant used may make a significant difference in the final outcome. Therefore, it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon. In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C or D cup” etc.
  • Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.
  • I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to breast augmentation concerns), helps. Best wishes.

What kind of implants should you consider to get natural looking breasts?

It is very difficult to determine the best lift you will need (recommended based on your photos) or the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 300 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. The same process goes for just filling in the upper part of your breast without becoming much larger. Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the link below including silicone vs saline implants