My areola keeps popping out after tuberous breast correction. Why is this happening? Will it become normal in the future?

Hi! I had a severe tuberous breast deformity and just had a surgery 3 months ago to correct them. My fold lowered  a bit with implants and my areola became smaller.However I just recently discovered thatMy areola keeps popping out and my cross stitches beneath my areola can be seen as if they are trying to hold my areola back. It looks really weird and uncomfortable. Why this is happening? Will it it become normal in the future?

Need a photograph

Without photographs, it's hard to understand what's really happening. With a peri-areolar mastopexy correction of a tuberous breast, what sometimes happens is that the pressure inside the circular scar pushes the previously enlarged areola outward. The correction of this usually requires the sewing of a smaller areola under tension into the circular scar. Over time, the pressure may be relieved and this herniation may be reduced. I would recommend you wait a few months before deciding if the revision is necessary. Best of luck.

This will resolve with time

At this point in your recovery, it is much too soon to be worried about the outcome.  It takes time for things to heal.  There may be sensation changes for up to 2 years. It may be 6 months or more before the shape has reached its final look.  Be patient.

Areola after tuberous breast correction

Thank you for your question. This is difficult to answer without photos. That being said, if the nipple herniation is getting worse, it is unlikely to correct itself. Tuberous breast correction is a tricky operation. I would discuss your concerns with your surgeon.  A revision may be needed, but I recommend you wait a few more months until making a final decision regarding your outcome. Best regards.