Can my nose be fixed ? (photos)

I am looking into having rihnoplasty surgery done because of the fact I was born with cleft palate..I never got that chance to get that perfect nose I always wanted,my nose is wide big and flat and whop sided. I hope someone can help me find the right surgeon to get me together.

Rhinoplasty to reduce the nose

Thank you for the question and photos. Rhinoplasty can enlarge or reduce the nose as well as reshape the bridge and nasal tip. This procedure can also be indicated to modify overly wide nostrils or make the nose more symmetrical. In fact, even slight changes to the shape of the nose can produce a dramatic effect on appearance, improve your breathing, and fill you with self-confidence. As always, an in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon would be the best way to assess your needs and obtain reliable medical advice. Best of luck! Dr. Michael Omidi. 

Rhinoplasty Candidate

Dear cookie198928, I would suggest that you seek an in person consultation with an expert in the field of rhinoplasty. After an examination the surgeon can give you a good idea of your proposed surgical results via digital imaging. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasty for cleft patient

Achieving symmetry of the nose in cleft patients is challenging. Commonly multiple revision surgeries are necessary to achieve a satisfactory result. The level of tip refinement is limited by the thickness of your skin, but it may be possible that the appearance of your nose could be improved with surgery.  If you want the best idea of what is possible for your nose, do your due diligence, find an experienced surgeon, and have him/her evaluate you in person and discuss your options.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD