It's Been over a Year and I Want to Remove Fat Transfer from Cheeks. What is my Best Option?

My cheeks are overfilled from a fat transfer. I originally went to my ps, but it seems that he is not comfortable removing fat..only adding. Therefore, what is my best option, and how do I go about finding a ps that can do this? I have gone to numerous websites in the California area, and no one has this service advertised.

Doctor Answers 3

Removing Fat Injections

I have found that micro liposuction combined with laser liposuction produces the best results when removing fat which has been injected into the face.  The procedure can be performed under local or "twilight" anesthesia.


Good Luck.

New York Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 77 reviews

Fat injection removal.

The  fat is usually encased in scar and may be difficult to remove without an incision. I would need to see how large and encased it is to give you a proper answer. It is very difficult to suction it out unless it is a discrete lump.

Toby Mayer, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 34 reviews

It's Been over a Year and I Want to Remove Fat Transfer from Cheeks. What is my Best Option?

 IMHO, the only way to remove the fat injected is to perform micro-liposuction of that area.  Once the area heals, typically within 3 months, you could use reliable fillers like Perlane or cheek implants for your cheek augmentation.  Be sure the plastic and cosmetic surgeon, you select, understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive face.  

Francis R. Palmer, III, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 25 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.