Are veneers an option to have a better look? (Photo)

I always hated my teeth, im thinking if i put veeners on the sides ones to cover the emptiness between the front and laterals will improve my smile... Should that work or i must put more veeners? I was thinking of two...Have to specify that im a smoker...

Veneers: How many or a perfect smile.

Yes you can do beautiful veneers to give yourself the look you desire.  I always suggest 4 veneers or 8-10 veneers
IN GENERAL SIX VENEERS IS A COSMETIC MISTAKE.
That said I would suggest utilizing the DNA Appliance to grow your smile wider first and then do veneers if you desire. The DNA Appliance is only worn 12-14 hours/day so it doesn't interfere with your life.

The final look will be much better with or without veneers.  THIS WILL GIVE YOU A FULL WIDE HEALTHY SMILE.  IT IS POSSIBLE TO WIDEN SMILE WITH JUST VENEERS BUT THERE ARE SOME ASSOCIATED DRAWBACKS TO CONSIDER BEFORE DECIDING.

Ira L Shapira DDS, D,AAPM, D,ABDSM, FICCMO
Chair, Alliance of TMD Organiations

Invisalign and Veneers

You would be a great candidate for Invisalign.  After aligning your teeth you could have veneers to further lighten the color but it might not even be necessary at that point.

One issue with veneers is they will have to be redone approximately every 10 years.  You appear young and should consider this when planning your smile makeover.

Tim Huckabee, DDS
Southlake Dentist

Makeover

the most important thing here to understand is that you do not like the way you smile, 
and you are thinking about getting veneers, i think is a great solution, and you will have a great layout also.
there are things to consider, like the gummy smile you have, if you want a good result, 
the gum must be treated also, the veneers need to be at least 8 or 10, so that way you will be able to close gaps, and make them more nice and even, 
you will be able to change shape, size and if it is so, color, 
its done in just i visit, depending on the doctor, and the techniques, but yes, you can have a great solution on your teeth, and you will love your smile!

Veneers can do wonders

The proportions of your teeth, in order to look natural, will dictate how many teeth should be done.  If you do JUST the two laterals, they may appear the same size and shape as the centrals, and would look "off".  The "golden proportions" or using numbers derived from the Fibonacci numbers (phi), help dentists and lab technicians fabricate balanced, proportioned, and beautiful smiles.

Redoing veneers every 10 years is usually an indication of poorly done veneers.  While nothing lasts forever, to expect to redo them at this rate is NOT the norm.  I have many cases that are over 25 years old that are being redone ONLY because the patient desires a different color.  Many cases can be done with minimal to zero prep to the teeth.  Durathin veneers are a great option.

Veneers

minimum requirement is 6 anterior veneers. for best look i personally advice 8 or more veneers. one or two veneers will work at this stage but later u will feel many issues like shade , size etc.....

Nirav Patel, MDS, PhD
India Dentist

#Veneers for a better look #DrSoftTouch

Veneers would give you beautiful results. If you only veneer you two lateral incisors, they'll appear much too wide. For the best results, I would recommend veneering all of the teeth in your smile line (usually 8-10 teeth). I would recommend researching dentists on this site and really analyzing before and after photos of actual patients of the doctor that you are considering. Any dentist that has done hundreds or thousands of these cases should have at least 10 to 20 great before and after photos.  This will give you a pretty good indication of what you can expect. I hope this helps.  Feel free to click to save my name below, in case you have more questions in the future.