Do I have gynecomastia? (Photo)

I have some belly fat.. I am not super skinny.. But I'm not chubby either . I am verry worried about this, I hope some Doctor can help me tell, I will add pictures thank you.

Who is a Gynecomastia Surgery Candidate

According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades. 

About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast enlargement. 
There are three types of surgical treatment options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal candidate. Weight, and more specifically body mass index (BMI), need to be considered when deciding.
Consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon in person, is highly suggested in order to determine if you are a surgery candidate and what treatments are best for you.

Thank you for your question. It appears that you may have a very mild case of Gynecomastia however an in-person exam with a board certified Plastic Surgeon will be the best way to find out. You appear to be slim and in good shape- an excess growth of breast tissue cannot be reduced with weight/fat loss. Gynecomastia affects all shapes and sizes of men- slim ones as well.

All the best

Do I have gynecomastia?

Thank you for your question and photographs.  Gynecomastia is the enlargement of male breast tissue and can occur even in thin men as it is not diet or exercise sensitive.  It is unclear if you have gynecomastia based on your photographs, but if you do, it is a mild case.  I would recommend seeing an ASPS board certified surgeon for an in-person evaluation.  

You have gynecomastia

You have gynecomastia.  Even super skinny men can have gynecomastia.  It is combination of breast tissue and fat. Surgery is the only way to get rid of it.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Thank you for the question and the photos but without an examination it is impossbile to say accurately.  So see some experts in your area andget their opinion.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Possible gynecomastia

Hi there. If you do, it's pretty small. Furthermore, you're a skinny guy, and I don't see much belly fat either. Perhaps the chest issue is more apparent in person. It should be fairly easy to get in and see a PS to assess. Good luck! 

Cain R. Linville, MD
Houston Physician