7 weeks post lipo from chest (male): does numbness and firmness behind nipples suggest swelling?

had lipo on my chest 7 weeks ago (only fat was removed since i didnt have a glander issue). the results were great right after and the swelling kicked in normally. now, 7 weeks post op a some of the swelling went down but on both sides my nupples are kinda puffy, there is some numbness and firmness. if i press them they are a bit sore. i had the garmnet on for 4 weeks 24/7 and now i use it only at night. i guess my question is if this is normal?

Healing from Liposuction to Treat Gynecomastia

The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin.
Additionally, your doctor may place tape or foam over the incisions, which can be removed on day 3 or 4, before your first post-op appointment.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely.
Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue.

If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Post operative numbness

Your description sounds like you are having normal post operative numbness and swelling that should improve with time.and local massage.

John Dean, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

7 weeks post lipo from chest (male): does numbness and firmness behind nipples suggest swelling

Thank you for submitting your question and photo. Your very early in your recovery from gynecomastia surgery. Your chest and nipple will change over the next several weeks.Final results take 6-9 months. NUmbess will imprve over time.  Firmess is common after lipoauditon and massage, external ultraosund helps.   Discuss your concerns and have an examination with your surgeon. Best wishes.

Firmest behind the nipple

You can have some puffiness the nipple. This is a response to your surgical procedure. Typically tissue massage by the patient can help soften this area but ultimately it is a tincture of time to make this better. Continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon.