What would be the best surgery to correct bulging eyes with swollen under-eye bags? (photo)

I've attached some pictures to illustrate my situation. My eyes were slightly puffy before but these 4/5 years it seems they had become far more protruding and my under-eye bags swell too much. The last 2 years they have been pretty much always like this, and I think I'm too young to have such a tired look. What can really be done? Thanks in advance.

Options for improving your lower eyelid bags

Hello, You look relatively young.  Your pictures could be clearer but I will answer based on what I see.  You have non-surgical and surgical options.  You will require a full physical exam and consultation in order to make the best decision for yourself.  In many younger patients with "early" or more shallow lower eyelid contour irregularities, dermal fillers are a good option to add volume to this area.  Essentially the filler will camouflage your bags.  There are advantages to this treatment.  First you burn no bridges in that you can always opt for a surgical procedure at a later time.  Using a filler under the eyes will give nice results in this area.  Hyaluronic acid fillers like Belotero or Restylane work well here and can last more than a year.  The surgical option is a bleparoplasty.  If you chose to have a lower eyelid blepharoplasty, you would choose a transconjunctival approach.  Transconjunctival means that the incision to take out or reposition the eyelid bag (fat) is hidden inside the eyelid.   The surgical procedure is longer lasting than the filler and should provide you with excellent results. The cost is obviously higher than the filler and the recovery is longer.  This is a quite safe procedure and I perform it under local anesthesia regularly.  Some relaxing medication is helpful.  You may also benefit from a pinch of skin removed from the outside, just under your lower eyelid lashes.  I recommend seeing a facial plastic or occuloplastic surgeon.  

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}