It is possible to have real gynecomastia without any hormonal displacement?

I have puffy nipples since i was 14 years old (now i'm 18). some weeks ago, i asked my doctor to control me and he said me it wasn't real gynecomastia, there wasn't any gland (he only touched my chest). to be sure of it i did a blood test and the endocronologist said that my hormonal levels were all okay... What are my puffy nipples then? i'm not so fat, but skinny either. When i pinch my nipples or press them there is not a big "egg", it's soft, but i can feel some "wires" in the nipples.

Do you have gynecomastia?

Healthy male patients with excess breast tissue or unwanted breast development who have no underlying breast disease.Men who desire improved physical and aesthetic appearance should have realistic expectations based on their condition and the procedure performed. You should meet with a board certified plastic surgeon to be able to get a formal diagnosis and to be able to decide on a course of treatment if necessary.

About Puffy Nipple Areola Complex

"Puffy Nipple Areola Complex" is among the most common forms of gynecomastia. This gland and/or adipose tissue accumulation can be located under the areola or can be slightly extended outside the areola, causing the areola to appear dome shaped.This form of #Gynecomastia can be found in all age groups but is more common in young adults.
As each case is different, it is vital that you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in male breast surgery. The surgeon should determine if you are a suitable candidate for male breast reduction by liposuction or glandular excision. It is also crucial to have a plastic surgeon who is well-versed in the gynecomastia condition can determine if there is firm breast tissue beneath the areola that is causing the nipples to project (which is often the case), and if so, how much of this glandular tissue can be removed to create a flat appearance.
#PuffyNipple surgery generally takes only an hour or two, and the recovery time is short; sometimes less than a week. There is minimal scarring and the success rate is excellent. Therefore, patients who suffer from "Puffy Nipples", and who view it as an unaesthetic and unpleasant condition, may desire surgical intervention to correct the "puffy nipple" condition.
Men who suffer from large #areolas may notice that after breast surgery, the skin of the chest muscles will tighten, causing the areolas to tighten and diminish in size. This is a result of the removal of glandular and/or adipose tissue.

If you have "puffy nipples" you most likely have gynecomastia but photos will help to confirm your diagnosis. As much as %40 of the male population has some form of gynecomastia tissue and surgery is ultimately the treatment of choice. Seek a plastic surgeon with specialty training in gynecomastia surgery, has great photos, and is an expert in male breast reduction.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Gynecomastia

Yes, it is possible. Gynecomastia is usually due to hormonal disorders during puberty and adolescence, but there is another condition which is obesity and in this case we have excessive fatty tissue. If you lose weight or have a bariatric surgery, gynecomastia will continue but in this case will have excess skin with less fibrofatty components. In all cases, it will always be a gynecomastia.

Kenneth Schimensky, MD

Gynecomastia

A majority of cases of gynecomastia are idiopathic (or really no good reason for why you have it). So it's possible that you may just have it and no medical treatment will help you. Surgery may be your best option. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Jeffrey Gusenoff, MD
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia

as you have proven yourself. It's perfectly possible. It's not likely but occasionally people of your age will "out grow it".  If possible, give it another year or two. If it's still an issue make sure you see a board-certified plastic surgeon and this type of thing is readily treatable. 

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

It is possible to have real gynecomastia without any hormonal displacement? = it could potentially be possible #gynecomastia

Breast tissue in males unusually increases because of hormonal imbalance during puberty and early adulthood. However, in very small number of cases,  breast tissue could increase in sise without hormonal imbalance but excess of adipose tissue ( fat)Overweight men could develop enlarged breast when overweight. excess of fat could convert male hormones into female hormones (wishing normal range) that could cause growth of the male breast gland (gynecomastia) or fat on the area of the male/breast tissue ( pseudo-gynecomastia  or "false" gynecomastia)Patients interested in determining if candidates for male breast reduction (gynecomastia) should make a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

John Mesa, MD