Lessen Projection of the Breast Implants Without Lift?

I got 335cc ALLERGAN under the muscle. I like the shape but I want a more natural look with a breast more flat. So I'm now seeking a re-do as I feel this projection is too much. I have a high profile, and I want to go to a moderate. Measures of the implant I have: width 12cm / height 12.5cm / proyection 4.8cm I think to go: width 12cm / height 12.5cm / proyection 4.4cm This will make my nipples too low? It Is possible to not require a lift? My nipples are in good position.

Best seen in person

There are so many variables to your question that it is best answered with only an in person exam in my opinion. Best of luck.

Good advice would require viewing photographs or in-person evaluation. Having said that, given that your nipple/areola complexes are in good position (and assuming that you not have significant "excess" breast skin present), breast lifting may not be necessary.  Best to communicate your goals carefully with your plastic surgeon. Goal photographs may be very helpful during this process. Working together you will come up with a good plan to achieve an outcome that you are happier with.   Best wishes.

Lessen Projection of the Breast Implants Without Lift

Hello, and thank you for this excellent question.

You have been very informative regarding the size and dimensions of your present implants however without photographs, examination and knowledge of the pre existing tissue characteristics it is difficult to be sure or completely definitive about how the profile of the breast will change with different implants. Size ranges are not infinite; the different volumes change in jumps of sometimes 30 - 50 mls however however you question is very accurate in terms of the suggesting the same dimensions just less projection. A simple exchange might make the nipples lower but if the new implant was placed slightly differently and tailored in the correct position with relationship to the nipple then I do not think it likely that you would suffer much in the way of ptosis or droop particularly if the nipples appear good now with the high profile implant. 

I would encourage you to discuss this with your surgeon.

I hope that this information was helpful and best wishes.

Tariq Ahmad, MBBChir, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon