I want to remove my implants (600 cc), just remove and not replace. How would it be the result? (Photo)

Breast implant removal

You can expect the breasts to look deflated with loose, sagging skin.  You may want to consider a lift in order to give a better shape to the breasts after removal.  Visit with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.

600cc

Most pts who have large implants removed without replacement and/or lift will wind up with sagging flat breasts. From the picture that you provided you already have sagging of the nipple and areola and this will only get more pronounced without a lift.

Barry M. Schwartz, MD
Weston Plastic Surgeon

Predicting result after breast implant removal

Thank you for asking about your breast implant removal.

• One can't predict exactly how you will look but -
  • With 600 cc implants, you will be started by how flat you are.
  • You will also find that your breasts have less shape, being wider and saggier.
  • this is why most women, at least in the USA, have a breast lift when their implants are removed.
  • This is recommended for your esthetic result - but is not medically necessary.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

What breasts look like after breast implant removal...

As you can imagine, it is not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination and a full communication of your goals.

Generally speaking what breasts look like after explantation  depends on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back),  the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation). 

Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will  potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them  to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed.

Sometimes patients in your situation are pleased with the results of surgery after removal of the breast implants; sometimes patients request breast lifting and/or re-augmentation with smaller breasts implants.  

Consulting with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons in person will be helpful.

Removing Breast Implants with or Without a Breast Lift? #breastimplants #breastlift

• You can expect to have some more sagging of your breasts than you currently have once the implants are removed.  
  • At the time of your implant removal, you may be a candidate for a breast lift.
  • Alternatively, you could certainly wait to see how you like your breast appearance once the implants are removed.
  • If you are unhappy with the sagginess (ptosis) that you are left with, you could certainly undergo a breast lift operation at a later date. 

I want to remove my implants (600 cc), just remove and not replace. How would it be the result?

It is impossible to tell you exactly what you will look like after implant removal.  Wear a good compression garment while healing.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person evaluation.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD