Fraxel results on stretch marks, what to expect?

dear doctors, i am writing to you because i want to get a fraxel treatment to improve my white stretchmarks on my hips. i have read about many different experiences, many women complain about the fact that fraxel ruined their skin, the texture and also the pigmentation. what type of results can i expect and what type of side effects i need to worry about? are there some data that show the amount of people that got good results? if there are side effects are they permanent? is there some way to avoid them?

Red/pink/purple stretch marks are best treated first with the pulsed-dye laser (an example would be the Candela VBeam®), until they become skin-colored, then they are best smoothed out with the Fraxel® laser. Since treating stretch marks with laser is advanced technique, please consult a board certified aesthetic dermatologist for a consultation.

Miami Dermatologist

Thank you for your question. Results vary per patient depending on skin type and condition. Fraxel is just one option however. Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeons office for a treatment plan that will work best for you.

Fraxel and Stretch marks - eMatrix, Fraxel Dual Laser

Fraxel has been used for stretch marks for some time and 50% of the cases treated.  You cannot predict in advance who will have the best response. I prefer eMatrix to treat stretch marks.  For the best results consult an experienced board certified dermatologist who specializes in scar removals.  Best, Dr. Green