Fat transfer to face, is it possible? (photos)

First of all: is there any fat here, or is it just skin? Secondly, I've heard that fat in the back is poor quality. Is that true? Thanks

Yes, it is possible to transfer fat from that area to the face. It is not my first choice but if that is your stubborn area and particularly if you don't have enough in the belly or waist, it is an option. 

Hope that helps and best wishes, 

Dr. Donath

Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

Good sources of fat for fat transfer to the face

thank you for the photos, my preference is to take fat from the lower abdomen and  waist line. I feel like not only is it better quality but it also is easier to remove. The easier the  fat is to remove the more adipocytes or fat will survive.    I don't use back fat for fat transfer to the face. I do have colleagues who do larger fat transfer cases to the breast for products and in these cases they use all the fat they can get in whatever locations are available for donating fat cells. 

Chase Lay MD

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer to face

Thanks for your query. Yes, Fat transfer to the face is possible. We need very little fat for transfers to the face. What's important is where and how. I would recommend a formal consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.

And all the best for your procedure.

Facial Fat Transfer--Absolutely, Yes!!

Yes, it's possible. The best results come from low impact harvesting and quality injection procedures. I recommend a formal consultation. Best, Dr. Emer

Possibility of fat transfer to face

Not only is fat transfer to the face possible, it is a good procedure. It doesn't take much fat from elsewhere to accomplish the procedure. You have enough.

Daniel Lensink, MD
Redding Oculoplastic Surgeon