Is it possible to downsize from 335cc to 310cc without adjusting the pocket or doing a lift? (Photo)

I've got 335cc ALLERGAN STYLE 410FF under the muscle since 4 years ago. I like the shape but I feel this projection is too much. I have a high profile, and I want to go to a moderate (STYLE 410MF). I want to avoid stretching the skin with more scars. Is there an Increased Risk or side efect whit a capsulorraphy? It is dangerous? I am looking for a conservative look.

Breast Revision to Include Downsizing Implants

It is definitely possible to #downsize to smaller implants and also alter the positioning; if possible. However, decreasing is size may also require a Breast #Lift to to #tighten loose skin, better optimize the end result. Any #revision has risks of unhappy outcome or other complications.

#BreastAugmentation without a #BreastLift is usually a mistake looked back on by many patients. Most breasts will look larger and more droopy.They will sag more and sooner because of the excess weight altering the longevity of the results. The shape will usually not be satisfactory and sometimes results with “Snoopy” breast or double bubble. .A #mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breasts without reducing their size. It is the most suitable for #breasts which sag or droop (ptosis) as a result of development, aging, pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss . Some patients will experience better results to restore superior fullness if an #implant is used at the time of mastopexy; better known as #AugmentationMastopexy.
With both implant types there are choices when it comes to size, shape, and profile. The criteria best to suit you will be discussed in full detail at your breast augmentation consultation. Also, the right implant for the revision is contingent on shape of body and your desired outcome.
Altogether, the surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the nipple and areolae of the desired size and correct heightmay also be addressed. I prefer to use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.The best method and #technique for your #procedures will be discussed in greater length during your one-on-one consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon.

Implant exchange

Thank you for the question and pictures.  If you would like to change to a less projecting implant, I think in your case with such a small decrease in size it can be done without a lift or requring any additional scars on your breasts.  Shaped implants do require the pocket to be an exact fit so that the implants do not have any room to rotate, so some adjustment of the pocket may be required.  This should not result in any outwardly visible changes however, or any external scars.  Hope that helps, and Happy Holidays!

Soumo Banerji, MD
Pasadena Physician