Is vampire lift a good way for anti aging? Does it worth it or is it just marketing?

Vampire Facelifts Do Work

Vampire Facelifts do work and aren't just another marketing buzzword. Here is a brief summary of the process; We take some of your blood and spin it down in a centrifuge. We then get the plasma, which has the platelets in it. We remove and discard the red blood cells, and are left with a yellow colored serum. This serum has all the useful parts of the blood, plus the platelets, which stimulate healing.

We then inject this PRP into your face, just underneath the skin. You see an immediate difference with increased volume in the area of the injections followed by a slight decrease over the next four days or so. Then over the next three to four weeks you see the full plumping results as the body's platelets and growth factors stimulate the production of collagen and improve the volume and texture of the skin.

The benefits of this procedure are that it is more cost effective for the volume that you are injecting into the face, it lasts longer than most fillers, it improves the quality and texture of the skin, and PRP is a natural product of your body.

Edmonton Otolaryngologist

The Vampire Facelift® and platelet-rich plasma (PRP) are proven to work for improving collagen, blood flow, and skin quality

Thank you for your question. I understand you’re curious as to whether the Vampire Facelift® is a good approach to anti-aging, or if it’s all just good marketing.

I can certainly help you with this question. To give you a little about my background — I am a Board-certified cosmetic surgeon and a Fellowship-trained oculofacial plastic and reconstructive surgeon, practicing in Manhattan and Long Island for over 20 years. I’ve also been a member of the Vampire Facelift® network of doctors for many years, and have been called upon by the media as an information resource about the procedure, particularly when the Vampire Facelift® rose to popularity.

I can understand how a quirky name like “Vampire Facelift®” can raise some skepticism in some people, but the procedure itself is far from simply being a quirk. If you ask the opinion of doctors who don’t perform the procedure, or are not part of the network, they will most likely say that the Vampire Facelift® is just good marketing. Even doctors who don’t understand platelet-rich plasma or how it interacts with hyaluronic acid will probably say the same thing.

Indeed, the Vampire Facelift® is a product of amazing marketing, thanks to Dr. Charles Runels, who created the brand and sustained it for many years, so much so that internet search results for the procedure have exceeded that of Botox. However, aside from being a product of good marketing, there is a great deal of evidence that proves that the procedure is effective as well.

The Vampire Facelift® is a procedure that makes use of a combination of platelet-rich plasma and a hyaluronic acid filler such as Restylane or Juvederm in a single syringe. To be more specific, the Vampire Facelift® makes use of platelet-rich fibrin matrix, and Dr. Runels clearly makes a distinction between this and platelet-rich plasma. However, for the sake of brevity, I will simply use the term platelet-rich plasma, since fewer people are familiar with platelet-rich fibrin matrix. Platelet-rich fiber matrix is basically a form of platelet-rich plasma which has been activated so there is more benefit during the treatment.

Platelet-rich plasma rejuvenates the skin by increasing the blood supply, increasing the fat as well as the collagen under the skin; and from the perspective of scientific research and cosmetic surgery, there is certainly quite a number of articles, literature, and peer-reviewed publications that support this. The reason why hyaluronic acid is combined with platelet-rich plasma is because platelet-rich plasma is not a material that can add volume to an area — its effect is more global. Platelet-rich plasma can improve skin quality and texture, and give skin a lovely youthful glow, and combining it with hyaluronic acid augments or enhances certain areas like the brow, the cheeks, and even the outer corner of the lips. There are certainly a number of applications for this type of procedure, but a proper consultation is needed to determine if it is right for you.

The combination of platelet-rich plasma and hyaluronic acid also has benefits outside of cosmetic surgery or cosmetic medicine. For example, people with significant scarring, depressed scars, and acne scars can benefit from the skin rejuvenation of platelet-rich plasma and the volume from hyaluronic acid filler. We always try to educate our patients about this aspect of the Vampire Facelift® concept and the synergy between these two materials.

The fact that the Vampire Facelift® has become so viral and interesting to people is certainly due to effective marketing. However, one of the greatest values of this type of marketing is more people become aware of the value of platelet-rich plasma, and as a cosmetic reconstructive surgeon, I cannot stress the value of this material enough.

It’s important to determine if this procedure is right for you and your situation. Cosmetic surgery is all about customization and finding the right doctor who understands your concerns and goals, and will provide you with ethical and comprehensive solutions is crucial. Unfortunately, there are all kinds of non-surgical cosmetic procedures being offered by different providers, many of whom have limited practices. For example, if these providers have a new laser, they will use that new laser for everything. If they happen to be marketing a certain product, they will push that product on their patients.

In my practice as a Board-certified cosmetic surgeon, I make sure to offer everything from skincare products to advanced surgery, so that we are really able to help our patients in a way that is suited to them and customized to their needs. If the patient comes to us looking to have a certain procedure but is not a good candidate, then I tell them right off the bat they are not a good candidate, rather than push procedures on them. I recommend you meet with specialists and learn about your options before you do anything.

I hope that was helpful and I wish you the best of luck!

Amiya Prasad, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Is the Vampire Facelift worth it?

Thank you for sharing your good question. The Vampire Facelift (PRP with Microneedling) is an excellent tool cosmetic surgeons have to improve the appearance of patients with minimal downtime. Results include improved elasticity, more uniform pigmentation, better skin texture, fewer lines, diminished scars and rejuvenated appearance. Make sure an experienced physician performs the procedure.
Good luck,