I had transplant done and my donor area still hurt too much and is burning. Is that normal or what I should do? (photo)

Hi I had transplant done five days ago but I feel burning in my donor area and it hurt is that normal after five days I'm gonna upload picture how's my donor area look like

If you are having issues after surgery, especially with "pain" you should contact your doctor.

If you are having issues after surgery, especially with "pain" you should contact your doctor.  Everyone may experience pain differently but burning sensation is not typical.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Pain in donor area

Pain/burning in the donor area 5 days after your procedure is not unusual.There can still be some swelling in the area which causes discomfort.If this pain lasts more than 2 weeks or so than I would schedule a follow-up with your surgeon.

David Deutsch, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

Pain in donor area

David Deutsch, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

Burning Sensation

Some mild discomfort is fairly normal to be feeling, but a burning sensation is unusual- I encourage you to ask your doctor about it and seek out a solution for why that is happening.

Sean Behnam, MD
Santa Monica Hair Restoration Surgeon

Burning Sensation

Sean Behnam, MD
Santa Monica Hair Restoration Surgeon

Pain in the donor area

Go back and see your doctor. There should be no pain in the donor area by this time as everything should be healed

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Pain in the donor area

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon