Scar after rhinoplasty? (Photo)

Hi! This is my second nosejob, but i still have the scar between my nosetrills. I dont know whether it is normal, because it has now been 12 weeks :( im happy with the result but the scar in very visible..

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. The most successful facial cosmetic surgeries are those without scars. It is most common for surgical incisions in the Rhinoplasty surgery to be made inside on the nose although, on occassion, an incision will need to be made at the base of the nose or at the base of the nostrils. These incisions are usually undetectable when fully healed.

Please remain patient and follow the recovery guidelines as you are not fully recovered until the 9 to 12 month post-op mark, and sometimes even longer. I suggest that you consult with your board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scar after rhinoplasty

Dear firstladiez,

Because this is your second surgery it will take longer for the skin to heal and longer for the scar to improve. Also because this area has been operated on previously the scar may be more noticeable initially. I would f/u with your rhinoplasty surgeon to ensure your results are expected and further discuss long term expectations.
best regards!

Gina Chu, MD
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon