Is it possible to get rid of broken capillaries permanently?

I have suffered with broken capillaries on my chin and around my nose for many years. I've had IPL four times but they return. After my last session, May 2016, they are worse than ever. Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong? I am tea-total but I'm afraid people think I'm an alcoholic, it makes me very self conscious.

Thanks for your query. IPL works best broken blood vessels. The exact thing can be determined only after proper examination. Hope it helps

All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon

IPL for borken capillaries

Thank you for your question seastar34. I am sorry to hear about your situation. IPL is a great treatment for facial rejuvenation. IPL can work well for broken capillaries, which can appear anywhere on the skin but are common on and around the nose. Often times these capillaries are stubborn and multiple treatments are necessary. Also, people who tend to get them often times get new ones later. Therefore maintenance treatments are required. For my patients I recommend an initial series of 3-6 treatments every 4-8 weeks then one maintenance treatment every 3 months. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician