When can sex can be resumed after FUE?

It is best to ask your surgeon about post operative issues as each doctor has their unique regimen.

It is best to ask your surgeon about post operative issues as each doctor has their unique regimen.  There is nothing wrong with having sex but some doctors may be worried about too much physical exertion. 

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Sex after FUE

Passive sex is ok the night of the FUE and active sex is ok after a few days as you are normal after 3-4 days

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Sex after a hair surgery

The first 24 hours post-op are the more crusial for the grafts since any type of blood pressure rising activity (including any type of sexual activity)can push them out of place and may lead to no hair growth. The first three post-op days we would not like to traumatize the recipient skin in any way  or increase the redness and the post-operative skin edema by any kind of local irritation provoked by environmental factors. We also want to keep the recipient skin as clean as possible. In conclusion, sexual activity if done safely is allowed after the first three days and you are  free to do whatever you want sexually in 10 days since then the grafts are secured in the recipient skin through re- vascularization. All the best 

Ilker Apaydin, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Sex after fue

I recommend that my patients do not resume any activity that can raise the heart rate (sex included)! for the first 3 days post op. 

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

When can you resume sex after FUE?

As long as your partner is careful not to grab, tug, slap, rub scratch, hit, or push your grafted area, you should be able to resume sexual relations immediately.  Just be careful and exercise judgement.  If you have a partner that is uncontrollably wild and incapable of acting with prudence during intercourse, you should avoid sexual relations for at least one week or restrain your partner's hands.  Grafts are particularly prone to dislodgment the first evening so pay particular attention to avoid any activity that could dislodge a graft.  

John P. Cole, MD
Atlanta Hair Restoration Surgeon

Heart rate after an FUE

I recommend patients keep their heart rate low after an FUE for the first 48 hours post procedure. 

Justin Misko, MD
Lincoln Hair Restoration Surgeon