I tried out smoking once last week and I'm going to have a rhinoplasty over 2 days do I have to tell my anesthesiologist?

So I'm haVing surgery over 2 days and will be going under anesthesia. Because I was with my mom I couldnt tell that to the doctor. Would it be okay if I don't tell him ? I only tried it out, I'm not a full time smoker. And of I do have to tell him would It be okay to tell him just before the surgery?

2 days post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
It's too early to make value judgments with only 2 month after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Smoking and surgery

It is unlikely that trying smoking will affect your anesthetic or surgical plans 2 days later.  However, it is best to be honest and thorough about your medical and social history with your anesthesiologist and surgeon.  Discuss your concerns discretely with your medical team on the day of your surgery, and have a great treatment and recovery.

Inessa Fishman, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon