Should I have a hair transplant? (Photo)

I am 25 years old. I lost hair between the age of 19 - 23. My hair has been like in the photo for 2 years now. (I naturally have thin dark blonde hair) Should I get a hair transplant? If so, how many grefts/roots needed? Thanks for advice

Should I have a surgery?

In order to be able to provide you with an accurate assessment, further pictures of your head from different angles are required.  From what I can see from your photo, you are experiencing considerably hair thinning. A professional consultation with an experienced surgeon will give you an accurate surgical plan and estimate of the grafts necessary considering your calculated density, density, hair caliber and number of hairs per follicle.

Istanbul Hair Restoration Surgeon

Photos cannot diagnosis your hair loss. The old fashion way of seeing a doctor in person for an examination is still the b

Photos cannot diagnosis your hair loss. The old fashion way of seeing a doctor in person for an examination is still the best way.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Should I have a hair transplant?

Thank you for your question, your hair looks to be very thin i best recommed that you do the Organic Hair Transplan.

Organic Hair Transplantation” is based on injection of a mixture containing adipose derived stem cells obtained from own fat tissue of the patient to the scalp of the patient. The recipient area gets rejuvenated and the viability of transplanted grafts is increased with the effects of adipose derived stem cell injection. The injection of adipose derived stem cells also provides a better work area for the surgeon.

Loss of hair is a natural process when it is between the limits that the body can restore them. When the capacity of the body to restore the hair loss is beaten by the excessive hair loss then we can name this situation something that should be treated. Women started to experience balding even more in the last 2 decades. It is getting more and more common also in women population. However it is also good to know that this problem is also treatable when it is present in women.

To obtain alive hair follicles implanted in higher rates, the latest technique being used is not the only manner, it is also affected by compliance of implantation area that we found a better way to improve as a result of our researches, The Organic Hair Transplantation. By this new and unique Organic Hair Transplantation Technique, before the extraction and implantation processes; we regenerate the implantation area with injection of stem cell enriched fat tissue. Regeneration of cells in target area before FUE transplantation with the support of stromal stem cells results in higher rate of alive thicker hair follicles.

Should I have a hair transplant?

In my opinion, it's not possible to properly evaluate your situation and make any definitive recommendations based on a single small photo. I would get the opinions (in person) of at least two experienced surgeons whose practice is entirely or mostly devoted to hair transplants. It might also be advisable for you to see a dermatologist who specializes in hair loss. If it is felt that your thinning hair is genetic in nature, you are at risk for significant ongoing hair loss over the years and a good argument could be made for getting started on the drug finasteride and waiting another couple of years to see what happens before proceeding with a hair transplant.

Thanks for your question--I hope this has been helpful.

Dr. Ballon

Jonathan Ballon, MD
Atlanta Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair transplant in 25 years old patient

In your age, topical minoxidil solution and oral monasteries are recommended. Most of the time, they can stop your hair continuing thinning and miniaturizing. Hair transplant is not treatment of choice in your age.

Kwan Jou Chu, MD
Taiwan Hair Restoration Surgeon

Should I have a hair transplant

You clearly have thinning and not classic male patterned hair loss. That tells me you need an examination to answer your question

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon