Is FUE the proper solution for me? (photos)

Hello. My age is 29. I was experiencing intensive hairloss for some years (22-25), when i used to get insufficient sleep. Now the condition seems to be stable, but the hairline has receded at the temples and the top hair has thinned. Is this situation proper for FUE HT, or i should try medication first with small possibility to affect the hairline, which is my main concern? How many grafts will i need in a FUE procedure to make wearing long hear good looking?

Is FUE the proper solution for me?

Thank you for posting your question. From the photos, it seems you can use roughly around 2500 to 3000 FUE grafts. FUE is a great way to store your old hairline, that does not leave a linear scar, and is the least invasive method in the field of Hair Restoration. 

Of course, you also have other options, such as Minoxidil 5% Topical, Finasteride, and PRP to name a few.

Also your donor region looks really strong, and the final look of your procedure whether your hair short or long, should look great.

Hope this helps.

Pasadena Hair Restoration Surgeon

It is best to see a doctor for a consultation to understand what is right for you. It all depends on your goals and expectation

It is best to see a doctor for a consultation to understand what is right for you. It all depends on your goals and expectations.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

FUE / FUT - 2500 - 3000 grafts

Hi. You will benefit from FUE / FUT. You will need 2500 - 3000 grafts to get decent density. It will approximately cost 2250 - 2750 USD. 

Is FUE the proper solution for me?

My opinion is that you asked the wrong question. The question you should have asked is "Is a hair transplant the right solution for me?  You know that there are other options

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon