What can be done to my extremely asymmetrical lower lip? (photos)

The left bottom of my lip is droopy and asymmetrical as can be seen from the photos. What are my options to fix the asymmetry permanently? Thank you.

What can be done to my extremely asymmetrical lower lip?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  I see your area of concern and asymmetry and think that placement of a dermal filler can best help camouflage or narrow the droop and size discrepancy.  Though temporary it can help determine the amount of additional volume as well as placement needed to improve the lip balance so that a more permanent solution such as fat grafting can be considered.  I hope that this helps. 

Love Your Lips

Thanks so much for your great questions and clear photos.  Keeping in mind that we are all a bit asymmetrical,  know that filler can help to temporarily solve some of your concerns.  Your lips may never be perfectly even, but it can give improvement.  Fillers such as Restylane Silk or Juvederm are great choices.  It will look and feel natural like your own lips.  Everyone metabolizes filler differently, some more quickly that others, so it may last 8 months for some and a year for others.  Make sure you see someone who has experience in lip injections and go through a formal consultation before having the injections done.  Good luck in your search and Love Those Lips!!!!

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Sorry that you are having some concerns about the appearance of your lips.  Although not a permanent solution, based on your photographs, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a conservative lip augmentation for symmetry with a filler such as Juvederm.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your concerns and your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes! 

Asymetrical Lips

Remember, we are all a little asymmetrical and there are variations from the right side to the left side.  Also did you have any procedures performed.  Looking at the lips, I feel the asymmetry is barely visible.  Options to improve symmetry can include both fillers and botox, but most are temporary.  I do not feel there is significant asymmetry to warrant a permanent option

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician