8 days post operation, any suggestions? (photos)

The scabs after 8 days became so easy to remove and for work reasons i took of the rest of scabs gently, i had no bleeding and no hair came out with scabs no scalp irretaion or burning now, is there any risk on my operation?

It is best to contact your doctor regarding what you had done. If you are worried it is best to ask your doctor.

It is best to contact your doctor regarding what you had done.  If you are worried it is best to ask your doctor.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Removing crusts after a few days

Never pick off the crusts as you could lose the grafts. An FUE is treated just like a regular hair transplant with regard to the recipient area, but the donor area has open wounds which require daily washing with soap and water. Within 3 days of surgery, you can resume full activities, heavy exercises if you wish. The recipient area requires daily washes as well to keep the recipient area free of crusts. I generally recommend the use of a sponge and supply my patient with a surgical sponge to fill with soapy water and press on the recipient area daily. By repeating this daily, all crusts can be washed off without any fear of losing grafts. IF any crust are present, use a Q tip and dip it into soapy water, and roll it on the crusts and that will lift them off without dislodging them, but never rub them, just roll the Q tip on the recipient crust. I like to see no evidence of any crusting in the recipient area and the crusts from the donor area gone in 7-10 days with daily washing.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon