I'm 46 years old and want to have Thermitight. Can I have it every 2 or 3 years to stay young? (photo)

1) Do you think it will work for my face? 2) If I do it now, after 2 or 3 years obviously I will need it again. I wonder if it is okey to have Thermi tight every 2 or 3 years ? 3) Some doctors says if you have Thermi tight , when u want to have a real face lift surgery Doctor's job is difficult because thermi tight damage the inside . What do you think about that ? 4) I have nodule on my throat .Do you think it is still appropriate to have Thermi on my neck ?

Thermi Tight

Thermi Tight is an excellent minimally invasive procedure to tighten the neck and lower face. In my experience, you can have tightening that continues for 2 years.  You may want to touch up the treatment with Thermi Body which is totally not invasive.  The Thermi Tight can also be repeated down the road.

Westborough Ophthalmologist

I'm 46 years old and want to have Thermitight. Can I have it every 2 or 3 years to stay young?

The ThermiTight would definitely tighten your lower face and neck. As you know, it is minimally invasive and done under local anesthesia. The recovery time is very short. 

I would also suggest augmenting your chin with an implant or a long-acting filler. This would make a huge difference by pulling your chin and Marionette area out. It would even tighten your neck somewhat. The combination of the ThermiTight and chin augmentation would make each of the procedures work better.

Yes, you could do the ThermiTight every 2-3 years if necessary. I don't think a facelift after a ThermiTight would be any more difficult for an experience plastic surgeon. After all, there is scar tissue after a facelift, and plastic surgeons do secondary facelifts frequently.

I'm not sure about the nodule because I don't know the diagnosis. Your plastic surgeon should be able to answer this question after a personal examination.

Thank you for your question and photo. Best of luck to you.

Keeping youthful with thermitight/Vaser/ThermiRF

You would be a good candidate for ThermiTight and in combination with other treatments can give great long-lasting results. In my practice, we use a combination approach for the neck and lower face. VASER and ThermiRF, sometimes even adding ultherapy and fraxel. Your nodule shouldn't be an issue, but please see an expert for a formal consultation. Best, Dr. Emer

ThermiTight Radiofrequency versus Surgical Facelift

At 46 years of age and a typical degree of mid- and lower facial aging, it is conceivable that ThermiTight could hold you over until a facelift if you did it several times into your 50's. I use ThermiTight radiofrequency for early facial and neck aging for women about your age-- that is the main demographic that benefits from it in my opinion. There will be a point where a surgical facelift is a better and more desired method of treatment for long lasting results to improve the signs of facial and neck aging. At that point, ThermiTight would be counterproductive and result in even more sagging jawline and neck skin. 

There are two schools of thought, and some would recommend a short incision facelift for you without doing other minimally invasive treatments as you will get a more defined and longer lasting result with a surgical facelift at any age. Technically for the surgeon there may be more ease of dissection than if you had undergone ThermiTight several times prior. That's difficult to forecast as everyone's facial tissues and anatomy respond differently to RF and every facelift procedure is a bit different based upon an individual's anatomy. In general   , I would be in the school of thought that if you know you are likely to undergo a surgical facelift by a board certified plastic surgeon then it is wise to wait and just get the facelift done.  Good luck. 

ThermiTight Radiofrequency for rejuvenation

ThermiTight is an excellent choice for lower face and neck tightening in those who are not ready, do not want, or are not candidates for a facelift. Results typically last at least 2-3 years. However, as with any cosmetic procedure, results vary so you should be reevaluated when you feel you want to improve your appearance to see exactly what you need at that time. Your thyroid nodule should be thoroughly evaluated prior to your procedure. As with any cosmetic procedure, it is important to go to a board certified dermatologist or cosmetic surgeon with expertise in ThermiTight. Adding combination treatments like fillers, Botox, and laser can offer more dramatic and lasting results. A great skin care line will also be an important factor in improving the quality of your skin and maintaining your results. 

Elyse Rafal, MD
Stony Brook Dermatologist

ThermiTIGHT and / or Face and Neck Lift for rejuvenation

Dear ebru123:

ThermiTIGHT is a great option when performed properly by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with great skills and experience and who provides other options to compare and contrast for you. You will need a thorough exam to find out what that nodule is.

ThermiTIGHT will provide up to a 25% tightening improvement of the lower face and neck as compared to a facelift. Facelift following ThermiTIGHT is no more difficult than a redo facelift or facelift following Sculptra treatments. Pick your surgeon carefully! Consider the cost and downtime of ThermiTIGHT vs facelift as related to the longevity of each. Consider a Obagi, ZO Skin Health skin tightening stimulation regimen to prolong your results. 

I hope this is helpful.  Good luck!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS