3 days post op Hair Transplant and still scabbing? How clean this thing? (photos)

Hello, Its been 3 days since i have done my FUE transplant. After my surgery it was too bleeding and now bleeding stopped. Hair transplant areas still now so scabbing now I am scared about clean and infection is there any possibility ? I am not sure when can i take a shower normally? can i massage the grafts area gently so the scabs will fall off? Waiting for an answer please.

Scabbing after hair transplant

You should gently clean the transplanted area with a special shampoo and mousse during the first 10 days following the hair transplant procedure. Scabs in the recipient area will typically fall off after 10 days. You may resume normal washing after this natural process occurs. Furthermore, I advise you to contact your surgeon for specific advice and direction.

Istanbul Hair Restoration Surgeon

You need to contact your doctor if you are having issues with scabbing and cleaning.

You need to contact your doctor if you are having issues with scabbing and cleaning.  Each doctor may have different post op and washing instructions.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

3 days post op scabbing

Each doctor may have their own routine for post op care.  But in general you need to wash very gently, with no rubbing for the first seven days  .All washing stages should be performed daily ; softly using palms, with no pressure .  7 days later you may start massaging the recipient area by using your fingertips because  after  15 days there should be no more traces of dried blood or scabs on your scalp. 
All the best

Ilker Apaydin, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

3 days with heavy crusting

At 3 days, the crusts may be permanent and may not be easily removed as they would have had the cleaning routine discussed below was applied. An FUE is treated just like a regular hair transplant with regard to the recipient area, but the donor area has open wounds which require daily washing with soap and water. Within 3 days of surgery, you can resume full activities, heavy exercises if you wish. The recipient area requires daily washes as well to keep the recipient area free of crusts. I generally recommend the use of a sponge and supply my patient with a surgical sponge to fill with soapy water and press on the recipient area daily. By repeating this daily, all crusts can be washed off without any fear of losing grafts. IF any crust are present, use a Q tip and dip it into soapy water, and roll it on the crusts and that will lift them off without dislodging them, but never rub them, just roll the Q tip on the recipient crust. I like to see no evidence of any crusting in the recipient area and the crusts from the donor area gone in 7-10 days with daily washing.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

3 days post op Hair Transplant and still scabbing

I think you dont have a problem about any infection and situation is normal..you may start to wash your transplant area with care and massage the grafts area gently so the scabs will fall off. After two weeks of hair transplantation  it is acceptable  to wash hairs as normal /preoperative period of surgery. Patient may feel free to loosen any scabs on his/her head by massaging and that will not  damage the grafts after 2 weeks . 

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Scanning after #hairtransplant

scabs usually remain for 7-10 days. Your doctor should have given you a post op care to follow for cleaning the transplanted area. If you don't have one you need to contact your doctor and ask for cleaning instructions.

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon