Swelling 4 weeks after lower blepharoplasty not going away. Is it really just swelling? Will it go away? (Photos)

I did lower blepharoplasty 4 weeks ago to remove eye bags & excess skin. The left eye healed nicely, but the right eye still looks very swollen. I sent pics to my doctor (did procedure in another country), but his reply was 1 sentence "don't worry, give it 3-6 months". I understand that it takes time, but it's been more than 4 weeks and the "swelling" didn't get much better. Is it just swelling or something else? Anything I can do to aid the recovery? I'll be going to see my doc in December.

Return to your surgeon or get a second opinion

I agree that is difficult to assess your swelling based on your photos. It is normal to have swelling and often an experienced aesthetician trained in manual lymphatic draining post blepharoplastic surgery can help reduce the congestion. If done gently and correctly, there is no downside and only an upside to reduce the swelling with gentle massage into your lymph system. My recommendation is to return to your surgeon or seek a second opinion. Probe about MLD to help minimize the local swelling. Meaningful results often take several consecutive MLD treatments over a couple of weeks.

Hard to know just from the photos.

If you are not having dry eye symptoms, you have time to let this settle more and it will.  Swelling after eyelid surgery actually persists for many months.  Compared to the swelling present in the first 10 days, this is generally minor swelling, but, yes, it is normal.  Beyond your slight swelling, I think there may be more going on here.  Both lower eyelid ride lower on the eye than normal and I wonder if the surgery effectively pulled the lower eyelid margins down.  The right is more dramatic than the left in this regard.  There is also something that is rougher with the right lower eyelid than the left. Certainly the right lower eyelid incision is more visible than the left lower eyelid incision.  If you are having dry eye symptoms, please get care for this with an ophthalmologist.  If you are asymptomatic, please consider reposting here in 2 months to let us know how you are doing.