What is the best solution to fill a man's chest hole? (photos)

Hi, Before 10 years ago I had surgery gynecomastia with highest rank. As a result of the surgery remains me on the right breast a hole. I visited a doctor and professor for consultation and they offered me two solutions: 1. Fat injection 2. Alloderm I chose fat injection because it's natural. The doctor took me 250 ml of fat from the body and injects 85 CC fat to the breast. Unfortunately some of the fat absorbed month after the surgery. Which other solutions can you offe to solve it?

Fat grafting

Good question. Fat grafting is often used to correct areas of irregularity. However, sometimes with fat transfer not all the fat grafted will survive. Unfortunately like you have experienced some of the fat can be absorbed and a second procedure may need to be done to add more fat to the area.

Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Fat grafting for contour issue

Fat grafting is a good method for treating contour issues such as this.  However, it generally needs to be repeated until the defect is corrected.  This may take several sessions over 6-12 months.  I tell my patients that they must be willing to follow this course, or they will be disappointed.  

Mark P. Solomon, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Potential Revision Procedure

There are three types of surgical treatment options available that treat gynecomastia. The doctor will recommend the one that is best suited to each individual case. ·       1- Liposuction – This procedure is a common resolution treatment for gynecomastia that is primarily the result of excessive fatty tissue. During this procedure a thin hallow tube called a cannula is inserted through small incisions and moved back and forth as it loosens the fat and removes it through a vacuum suction ·       . 2- Excision – The excision technique is used on cases of gynecomastia where excess skin and glandular breast tissue must be removed and the areola or nipple needs reduction and repositioning to create a natural looking appearance. The incision patterns are determined by the specific condition of the patient. ·       3- Liposuction and Excision Combination – The doctor will recommend this procedure which combines the liposuction technique and excision technique to create a natural look. Results and Recovery Visible results are immediate. Patients are given specific instructions for the recovery period. Dressings and bandages will be applied to incisions and a support garment will be used to support the new chest contour and minimize swelling. At times, a thin small tube will be placed under the skin in order to drain fluid and blood that may collect. The results are usually permanent. On occasion the condition may return and treatment will need to be repeated.You should definitely be able to discuss all procedural options in consultation with a surgeon in order to determine if in liposuction fat could be transferred to the area where you feel a hole, or if it would be best to complete the overall reduction to make both sides match in size. Best of luck!

What is the best solution to fill a man's chest hole?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  As the desire would be to avoid any additional scars to your chest I would recommend continued fat grafting episodes to serially sculpt the chest that you would like to obtain.  Yes some fat grafts are lost in the process but this method replaces tissue in a like-for-like fashion.  Hope that this helps.