Smoked 5 cigarettes 5 days before rhinoplasty?

My surgery is on Tuesday and I smoked 5 cigarettes On Thursday. I am not a heavy smoker, I smoke once a week or even once every two weeks. The last time I smoked other then Thursday was two weeks ago. Now I am freaking out if I will mess up my surgery because of that. Any opinions on it?

Smoking and rhinoplasty

Smoking has a very bad effect on tissues healing. Being rhinoplasty one of slowest healing procedure in cosmetic surgery it becomes very relevant to stop smoking.

It has been very well proved that nicotine effects can last up to 4 weeks.

I would recommend to discuss this ASAP with your plastic surgeon.

London Plastic Surgeon

Smoking and surgery, some advices:

Thanks for the question.

In my practice I recommend to stop smoking at least 1 month before the procedure and keep without smoking for 2 months after the procedure to avoid unnecessary risks.

Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD